Ordering games from gameplay.co.uk

xXTwin BladeXx

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have ordered Ghost recon and fight night today from gameplay.co.uk which are both out on friday, do i have a chance of them arriving on day of release or is it too late?

Good chance I would think. If your order is processed tomorrow, posted on Wednesday you will get them thursday most likely (day before release) no guarentees of course.

Unfortunatly my order is with hmv. I normally go with gameplay and they are great but I was feeling tight this time and couldn't pass up a fiver off. So I'm alot less confident of getting my game by the weekend.

cheers mate, having never ordered with gameplay just wanted to see what they were like seen as i rang play.com up about my order and they said they will not ship my games untill friday the earliest!! lol and the fact that many people say they are great for preordering games

gameplay is faultless for me, never had a game arrive on or after release day, always early, even ordered a game at 3pm and it arrived next day.

While at university gameplay acheived an unbeliveable feat. After many hours in the bar and then in the common room a friend and I both wanted a new game and a memory card (I think it was for the dreamcast) We ordered at about 3am. When I got up at 8/9am We both had a parcel waiting for us.

I've never seen a company manage something like that before, I'm not even sure how its possible.

The only time gameplay have let me down about getting a game by release day was with perfect dark zero when they just didn't get enough stock to fulfil all the orders.

ordered upwards of 20 games from gameplay over the last two year all arived on the thursday, i think you have a very good chance of getting them both on the thursday :thumbsup:

xXTwin BladeXx said:
wow they seem amazing lol but even though, i have only ordered today?? :confused:

i ordered jade empire on the wednesday, it was being released on the friday i had it on the thursday :thumbsup:

You should still be okay providing they're getting sufficient stock which I'm sure they will be. I've always rec'd my preorder one day early too so I'm hopeful for Thursday.

Noggin1980 said:
While at university gameplay acheived an unbeliveable feat. After many hours in the bar and then in the common room a friend and I both wanted a new game and a memory card (I think it was for the dreamcast) We ordered at about 3am. When I got up at 8/9am We both had a parcel waiting for us.

I've never seen a company manage something like that before, I'm not even sure how its possible.

Is that a lie?

Yup I'v been using gameplay since the ps1 days, my 1st game i pre-ordered and i did it with 1st class 99p delivery and got it on the thursday. Ever since then i'v always been too scared not to pay the 99p, as if the 99p means i get it a day early then its well worth it. but im not sure as to whether it makes the difference from the free one.

Noggin1980 said:

Short of hand delivery, that is physically impossible surely? Maybe after your many hours in the bar you passed out for 24 hours...?!? :confused: :smashin:

neil c said:
Is that a lie?

definatly not a lie no, whats the point of making something like that up? it was 4 years ish ago though so my memory could be clouded as to the exact details. But I know for sure we ordered it in the evening and it arrived the next day, with very little if any buisness hours in between.

I can only assume they get in very early, the order went out straight away and onto a lorry and was delivered. I don't know if we paid for next day courier delivery. Quite possibly.

I remember wondering how it was possible at the time.

Wouldnt it make sense to use the £4.99 service, next day delivery. Then you will be guaranteed it next day instead of leaving up to the postman.

I know its £5 but if i ordered from them, to make sure i got it on time i would pay £5.

I WOULDNT pay £15 from Ubi to get it 2 days earlier, thats a bit silly if you ask me.

Im off from tomorrow til the weekend, so i hope i get mine Thurs as i gotta work all day shifts from Saturday til Wednesday.
Gonna be knackered playing it late into the night.

Id thought be ok if ordered today they should arrive most likely early on a thursday as they always tend to arrive early :smashin:
I ordered Ridgeracer 6 from them at about 4pm and that arrived the next day the best delivery ive had though was from newageconsoles when i ordered a us ps2 i ordered at 7pm and that arrived following morning :eek:
I dont know how fast newageconsoles was with games as they always seemed very expensive and more of a game import shop really so id stick with gameplay.

Munkey Boy said:
Short of hand delivery, that is physically impossible surely? Maybe after your many hours in the bar you passed out for 24 hours...?!? :confused: :smashin:

My drinking at uni was never what you might call healthy (maybe I was hiding from things that worried me), but I'm pretty sure I never lost a day:rotfl: Even after doing campus 14 (a double in every bar on campus), in fact that was the night when I got together with my now wife :rotfl:

Possible though though that I skipped morning lectures and dragged myself out bed a few hours later and thats when I got my parcel.

First class 99p is just as good as the £4.99 with Gameplay. For me its actually slower in my area (ive tried it lol) as the van man arrives around 11.45am for the 4.99 registered but the postman is here around 7-8am for 99p

You can find my posts about gameplay all over, used em for 10yrs and only ever had 2 deliveries turn up on release day the rest day before and Ive ordered on average 1game a week at least (for example Ive got down 4 for this week for 360!). I cannot praise them enough (and dont forget they do returns as well) Ive even ordered up to 5pm in the evening in the past and got stuff next day and as Ive said elsewhere they have a chat function on there website for problems. For me consistency, good customer service and having games on release day is extrememly important for me. Over 10years of being housebound Ive had to rely on numerous bad companies for mail order but Gameplay has been the only consistently top rate company Ive used.

alright just done mine few mins ago what are my chances of getting it early myself :)

ok cheers guys :thumbsup: got my hopes up now lol another question, do they post it through the letter box or do they knock on the door? oh and is it recorded delivery?

xXTwin BladeXx said:
ok cheers guys :thumbsup: got my hopes up now lol another question, do they post it through the letter box or do they knock on the door? oh and is it recorded delivery?

well i got a dvd befor and i wasn't in it was posted though the letter box m8

mine says

Tom Clancys Ghost Recon 3 - Advanced Warfighter Pre-Ordered Estimate Between:
08/03/2006 - 09/03/2006 1 £39.99

same for everyone else?

RizL4- said:
well i got a dvd befor and i wasn't in it was posted though the letter box m8

mine says

same for everyone else?
yea mine is same status ....as for posting they post games through letterbox with me i tend to pick the silver jiffy packing but im sure the boxes used go through letterbox ok too.

xXTwin BladeXx said:
There's an option to get delivery by silver jiffy bag that is designed to be posted whether you're in or not - unless you have a huge letterbox, the box probably won't fit. And no, it's not recorded, just regular first class.

RizL4- said:
mine says

same for everyone else?
They usually post on wednesday to arrive on thursday. Expect your order to change to dispatched tomorrow if everything is on target.

Im in dublin , praying they post on wedensday so I get it for friday.

I have GRAW & Fight Night both ordered , both have the same rough dispatch date. Will gameplay ship the 2 together in one package does anyone know ?

Highlander1 said:
Wouldnt it make sense to use the £4.99 service, next day delivery. Then you will be guaranteed it next day instead of leaving up to the postman.
Ironically that doesn't work out so well for pre-orders. I've had a few friends that have tried next day and because it's guaranteed to arrive next day Gameplay send them on a Thursday for a Friday release day delivery. If using one of the other delivery methods, they send them on the Wednesday because it can take up to two days and they send them to be with you on release. Usually though, it only takes one day to reach you so the cheaper delivery options usually work out better.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom