Ordering from Play-Asia...

kayzee

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone done this? I was eagerly awaiting Rory McIlroy but it seems to be getting pretty bad reviews across the board. Doing some research it seems that Golf Club (specifically the Collector's Edition) is meant to be slightly better... however it seems very hard to get hold of! The cheapest place by far is Play-Asia where it's £24.33 (compared to Amazon where it's £87.68!)

Is this a risk free purchase?

I notice they have both American and European versions however only the American one is in stock. It does say... "Works on all systems sold worldwide."

Here is said article...

http://www.play-asia.com/the-golf-club-collectors-edition/13/708nr3

I notice several websites say it isn't going to be released until September which is rather strange (Golf Club's own website states May was the release date for PS4/Xbox One)

They used to be a trustworthy site, i bought a lot of games from them in the PS2/PS3 era, when region locking was in full force. I think there was some fuss with UK Customs, but it should tell you on check out IIRC.

Anyway, I'm guessing this golf game is a ruse, and you really want to buy Summer-Colored High School ★ Adolescent Record – A Summer At School On An Island Where I Contemplate How The First Day After I Transferred, I Ran Into A Childhood Friend And Was Forced To Join The Journalism Club Where While My Days As A Paparazzi Kid With Great Scoops Made Me Rather Popular Among The Girls, But Strangely My Camera Is Full Of Panty Shots, And Where My Candid Romance Is Going and it does review very well :smashin: and yes Play Asia do sell it:

http://www.play-asia.com/natsuiro-high-school-seisyun-hakusyo/13/708ds5

Play-asia are fine, however they aren't customs friendly so you will likely be hit by customs.

Just buy it direct from Amazon.com. Slightly cheaper, & although they're not customs friendly either, you can prepay the customs so you don't get hit by the Royal Mail £8 'admin fee'
Amazon.com: The Golf Club: Collector's Edition - PlayStation 4: Video Games

p.s ALL PS4 games are region free.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Whats different in the collectors edition to the normal one that you can buy for £30?

I've bought a few things from Play-Asia in the past (the odd region free 360 and Xbox One game and a 64GB PS Vita memory card) and they've been OK however most of the time I end up having to go to pay the Post Office a £8 handling fee and a customs charge. So it can end up being pretty expensive.

I only buy stuff from Play-Asia when the item I want isn't easily available in the UK.

Whats different in the collectors edition to the normal one that you can buy for £30?

I don't know much about these games but have been told it has a career mode which was missing from the first iteration?

I`ve used Play-Asia quite a bit recently for Canadian or American PSN credit, never had an issue.

That's great to hear, cheers. I'm a bit confused about this release though, so have asked the makers of the game themselves... no reply as of yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom