Ordering from Nexnix

G

Gordie

Hi guys

I am about to order my very first Plasma from Nexnix (the Panny at £2250.00) and have a couple of questions.

They seem to get a really good write-up here but anyone know what they would be like IF the plasma arrived with a dead pixel? I want a dead pixel free plasma would they swap it for me?

Also I am sure I read somewhere that the plasma should not be left flat and should be in the upright position, what happens if the carrier arrives and the plasma is on the back of the van lying flat, do I reject it?

Many thanks

Gordie

well i bought from av sales and they actually checked it for me before it was shipped.....

If the plasma arrives in a condition you dont like, either check it on the spot or sign for it with all the detail you can about why you are unhappy and that its condition is not yet verified

ad

I've dealt with NexNix for 7 years, and they've always been excellent. As for replacing something for 1 dead pixel, I assume that would be down to the manufacturer, and their acceptable quality levels? Call NexNix and ask them. Also confirm that it will be delivered upright - if they say that's how it should be delivered, and its not, call them (if you send it back, let us know the serial no. :))

With regard to delivery:

I know my toshiba plasma had a "tip-tell" thing attached to the outside of the box - its a sort of a big blue plastic arrow with red grains hidden inside and if the box is ever tipped the grains fall out and the arrow turns permanently red (or something like that) - worth checking this before you sign for it. Unfortunatly I did not see it until I had signed AND it was chuffing red! but luckily everything was fine.

Cheers guys, I think I will give Nexnix a call and discuss it with them.

I couldn't find the same deal at AV Sales, the only one I was was with the scart switcher etc.

Gordie

the av-sales one is a forum special..... have a look in the special offer section

ad

Hi Guys, after about 3 months reading this forum I finally took the plunge and bought a plasma. Originally it was going to be a 32 inch so I was going for the new Hitachi 32PD5200 from Richer Sounds in Belfast. After marking the size out on my wall I decided a 32 inch would look like a joke so changed my mind to a 42" . . here the choice became more complicated, it was between a Fujitsu, the Hitachi 42PD5100 or the Panasonic 42PWD6B. Went to check out the Hitachi in Harvey Norman here in Dublin and thought it was fantastic - Harvey Norman salesperson really knew his stuff and they had a great range of plasma's on show. He admitted the Hitachi was their best seller but that the Panny was probably that little bit better.

Hitachi was 5000 euro (about 3300 pounds) and Panny would have been around 5500 euro so there was no way I was buying from them anyway.

My parents have had Panasonic products for years and I have a Panny SCHT500 at the moment so decided to go for the PW6. Checked out both www.av-sales.co.uk and www.nexnix.co.uk and eventually Nexnix agreed to give me the PW6 for a price which I would feel embarrassed to mention . . because it was so GOOD!!

Dealt with Matt and Russ in Nexnix and received my plasma within 24 hours of giving them my credit card details. They checked the unit for defects or dead pixels before shipping it to me so I knew it would be perfect when I set it up.

Didn't have any proper cables to set it up last night with the terrible Video In/Out cable that came with my home cinema system - and the picture from the DVD is amazing. Checked out Old School, Cliffhanger and Jerry Maguire and all are superb. Have just ordered a top quality from TV-Cables so that's how I'm going to hook the DVD to it. Getting Sky Digital next week so will either pass the DVD through it (and then digibox via s-video) or component the digibox in separately.

Can't say enough good things about Nexnix or the Panny PW6.

Hi Noonzio

Glad to hear about your joy.

I myself ordered from AV-Sales in the end and also found the guys there to be excellent. In my job it is very difficult to get time off work, so when i ordered the plasma, I asked Andrew if it would be possible to be delivered on the Friday. He said that the plasmas wern't being delivered till the thursday afternoon, but would do his best.

The plasma arrived at there place at 6.30 pm and he drove it up to City Link depot himself and I got it the following morning just after 9.00am.

Alistair, Andrew and Clare were all brilliant and done absolutely everything to make sure I was happy.

The picture's awsome isn't it.

I got the Progressive Scan DVD player from Dabs (see Special Offers forum) on the same day and Monster's Inc looks just stunning.

i have the sharpness and brightness at -5 and still think it loves lovely.

Gordie

Gordie

Great to hear you are happy with the screen. :smashin:

Can I just ask about the dead pixel thing again. You mentioned they checked the screen for you - does that mean they did guarantee nil faults in this respect? I'm sure I'm just being too cautious, but just wondering what would happen if your screen had a dead/permanently on pixel.

Cheers

Gordie,
I ordered a Fujitsu VHA30 from Nexnix and it had one dead pixel :mad: , but Dorian made sure I got a replacement screen the next day!! :clap:
Excellent service and great prices! :smashin:

Buy with confidence. :thumbsup:

Noonzio said:
Hi Guys, after about 3 months reading this forum I finally took the plunge and bought a plasma. Originally it was going to be a 32 inch so I was going for the new Hitachi 32PD5200 from Richer Sounds in Belfast. After marking the size out on my wall I decided a 32 inch would look like a joke so changed my mind to a 42" . . here the choice became more complicated, it was between a Fujitsu, the Hitachi 42PD5100 or the Panasonic 42PWD6B. Went to check out the Hitachi in Harvey Norman here in Dublin and thought it was fantastic - Harvey Norman salesperson really knew his stuff and they had a great range of plasma's on show. He admitted the Hitachi was their best seller but that the Panny was probably that little bit better.

Hitachi was 5000 euro (about 3300 pounds) and Panny would have been around 5500 euro so there was no way I was buying from them anyway.

My parents have had Panasonic products for years and I have a Panny SCHT500 at the moment so decided to go for the PW6. Checked out both www.av-sales.co.uk and www.nexnix.co.uk and eventually Nexnix agreed to give me the PW6 for a price which I would feel embarrassed to mention . . because it was so GOOD!!

Dealt with Matt and Russ in Nexnix and received my plasma within 24 hours of giving them my credit card details. They checked the unit for defects or dead pixels before shipping it to me so I knew it would be perfect when I set it up.

Didn't have any proper cables to set it up last night with the terrible Video In/Out cable that came with my home cinema system - and the picture from the DVD is amazing. Checked out Old School, Cliffhanger and Jerry Maguire and all are superb. Have just ordered a top quality from TV-Cables so that's how I'm going to hook the DVD to it. Getting Sky Digital next week so will either pass the DVD through it (and then digibox via s-video) or component the digibox in separately.

Can't say enough good things about Nexnix or the Panny PW6.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. There's no way I'll be buying from a local store so it's down to Nexnix or Av-Sales.
I have to ask.......what deal did you get from Nexnix (including delivery)??

2245 including delivery to Ireland which is usually at least 180 pounds extra (plus VAT) . . saved over 2000 euro on the Irish price - unbelievable. Didn't get the wallmount or the set up DVD though so guess that offset the delivery a bit. Even AV-Sales couldn't match the price

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom