Ordering from Denon

lumper

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered anything from Denon recently?

I want to order my AVR and all my local shops are out of stock, but on Denons site they seem to have them.
So I just wanted to ask a question before I checked out and paid 1400.00 without any confirmation.

Turns out after 15 minutes of waiting on the phone and 15 minutes waiting for the chat, I never did get to a person.
I can just check out and pay and assume things will ship as expected BUT, I dont roll like that.

I need to hear a person tell me yes we have them, they will ship out etc......
So, has anyone been able to get an order in recently or talk to anyone or have any success ordering without talking to anyone from the Denon website?

Thanks for any information.
EDIT:
So , I remembered I had heard about a place in Colorado and I reached out to them, one try in chat, took 2 minutes, they had stock, offered me 100.00 discount and free shipping, no fuss no trouble at all.

Almost felt too good to be true, after spending hours trying to talk to anyone from Denon and Best Buy.
I finally got someone from Best Buy on the phone after a long time, then figured out I MIGHT be able to get one from them shipped from a warehouse to my house direct, but I wont know until I go to my local shop, so lesson learned.

Apparently Covid has hit some companies harder than others, I understand that, BUT to not have any way to talk to a customer with money in their hands who wants to place an order seems short sighted to me.
I wont say who I am buying from so I don't break any rules, if it is not against the rules then Ill gladly share it, as they so far have been refreshingly efficient.

Last edited:
Has anyone ordered anything from Denon recently?

I want to order my AVR and all my local shops are out of stock, but on Denons site they seem to have them.
So I just wanted to ask a question before I checked out and paid 1400.00 without any confirmation.

Turns out after 15 minutes of waiting on the phone and 15 minutes waiting for the chat, I never did get to a person.
I can just check out and pay and assume things will ship as expected BUT, I dont roll like that.

I need to hear a person tell me yes we have them, they will ship out etc......
So, has anyone been able to get an order in recently or talk to anyone or have any success ordering without talking to anyone from the Denon website?

Thanks for any information.
EDIT:
So , I remembered I had heard about a place in Colorado and I reached out to them, one try in chat, took 2 minutes, they had stock, offered me 100.00 discount and free shipping, no fuss no trouble at all.

Almost felt too good to be true, after spending hours trying to talk to anyone from Denon and Best Buy.
I finally got someone from Best Buy on the phone after a long time, then figured out I MIGHT be able to get one from them shipped from a warehouse to my house direct, but I wont know until I go to my local shop, so lesson learned.

Apparently Covid has hit some companies harder than others, I understand that, BUT to not have any way to talk to a customer with money in their hands who wants to place an order seems short sighted to me.
I wont say who I am buying from so I don't break any rules, if it is not against the rules then Ill gladly share it, as they so far have been refreshingly efficient.
This is of course a UK site mate, so your buying experiences and retailers will be different to ours. We do not have a Denon direct sales channel for instance, however the shortage of stock seems to be a worldwide issue due to Covid.

This is of course a UK site mate, so your buying experiences and retailers will be different to ours. We do not have a Denon direct sales channel for instance, however the shortage of stock seems to be a worldwide issue due to Covid.
I'm sorry I always forget that.
The good people at Reddit thought it would be fun to perm ban me so I cant ask any questions anymore over there.
Anyway sorry about that.
I did find a retailer to order from so it worked out, But Denon still a day later hasn't responded to me and doesn't answer phones or chats or emails, so I don't know what that is about.
It is my first experience building any type of home theater and I do like to be thorough and ask a lot of questions.
Today was a good day, many things came together today and I actually brought the speakers home, this build is on its way!!!
Thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom