Ordered the TV.....what cables required?

rheeley

Standard Member
Finally took the plunge and ordered my le40m87 from Beyond Television. Could have waited around for newer sets etc but then you can ALWAYS be waiting around for the next sets and never order one.

So it should arrive tomorrow if BT delivery times are to be believed but i would appreciate some help regarding my setup.

I am buying a samsung 5.1 surround set to go with this, along with my ps3 and a sky+ box.

Could anyone advise me on what cables i require to get the most out of this setup? I have no idea how i will get dvd/ps3/sky all to utilise the surround sound let alone connect it all up to the TV.

Imagine i have no cables what so ever and spec me up please :)

The surround i was looking to get is, pls speak up if its rubbish:
Samsung HT-THX25R/XEU 600 Watt 5.1 Channel Home Cinema System With Tallboy Speakers HDMI And USB Host

Thanks guys sorry for constant questions but i just want to get this right :)

rEVILospud

Novice Member
Make sure the surround setup has Optical Inputs.

You would have;
PS3: HDMI to TV, Optical to Amp
Sky+: RGB Scart to TV, Optical to Amp

rheeley

Standard Member
So, I didn't get the last one in stock then...:)
ehehe well early days yet man, wouldnt be the first retailer to take your order and call you on the day to say its out of stock eh :)

Did you get given a rough time for delivery? i had order confirmation come through and thats it, no delivery time etc so no idea if i need a day off work or not.

coltranekoh

Novice Member
I got an email confirmed the order, then later same day, received the email regarding tracking number and the date it will be delivered (which is the next day).

rheeley

Standard Member
Well i have received no such e-mail, have not had a response to a query e-mail that i sent after the order and got the message 'there is noone available to take your call' when i tried calling multiple times.

Not impressed at all with the level of customer service from BT.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom