• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ordered Sony Bravia 42W653, 42W705b delivered

mehstg1319

Hi all

As the title says. I ordered a Sony Bravia 42W653 after finding it at 'a local high street shop' for £489 however they didn't have it in stock so arranged for home delivery.

The TV came through today and I noticed they have sent me the 42W705b instead. From what I can see, this appears to be the 2014 model and is a little more expensive however newer isn't necessarily always better.

Does anyone know the differences between these two models. Are the panels different/the same?

P

davidcrofter

Hi all

As the title says. I ordered a Sony Bravia 42W653 after finding it at 'a local high street shop' for £489 however they didn't have it in stock so arranged for home delivery.

The TV came through today and I noticed they have sent me the 42W705b instead. From what I can see, this appears to be the 2014 model and is a little more expensive however newer isn't necessarily always better.

Does anyone know the differences between these two models. Are the panels different/the same?

P

Both TV's are pretty much the same - both use a AUO-sourced VA-type panel and the one you have is pretty much the successor to the 2013 42W653 so you certainly aren't getting an inferior product.

Only thing I would say is to make sure your order shows that you actually got the 42W705b delivered or you may hit a snag further down the line with any warranty claims - if it doesn't contact the shop and get the information updated.

megadeth uk

Hi all

P
As david crofter has already mentioned it is the direct replacement for the w653 from last year and has more hdmi inputs, 4 instead of two, an updated GUI, a slightly better looking bezel and the intelligent core at the bottom of the tv is better integrated and keeps the clean lines of the tv better. You have a got a better value product in my opinion but make sure about the warranty issues as already mentioned. My son ordered a w653 from argos a few weeks back and got the w705 instead, he loves it. On his receipt it just mentions sony 1080p tv.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom