Ordered an MVX450 from Jessops.. but now not deleted?

smashed

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I ordered the MVX450 for a present (thanks to mr Sox's advice to another member).
It said "in stock in 10days" and I therefore thought that I would sit it out (a bargain at £242). Decided that I could always pick 1 up instore if it was not here before Xmas, and could then take the online purchase back to the store so that I still get it for the good price.

Anyway, the camcorder is now deleted from the website. Phoned Jessops to check the status, (and after a lot of confusion) told me that it is no longer being sold, nor is it available.
They havent sent me 1 email to warn me of this during the festive period, and have effectively told me that it will never turn up. I asked if they could source 1 from a store..but no budge. Asked if they could let me collect from a store, and pay the online price..but no budge.

I understand that they have different options for store and online.. but it is very shoddy at Xmas that they dont even tell you that your Xmas present will never be coming.

Any advise please?? :)

It is a bit of a farce I agree. My local Jessops has one, but I dont want to pay over £300 for it :thumbsdow Especially after this.

I will speak to my mum and see if we want to pay the extra (joint present) for the camcorder.
Any other good deals around the £250 range that are comparable?

Im a little concerned about having to buy via France for a product that has a risk of motor noise. That said , had no problems with Pixmania before (tho I have never had to return anything to them)

Thanks for your help.. again.

Is the 450 worth the extra over the Sony? Sorry for the questions.

I"ve used cameras2u.com before and they were efficient , think they are owned by Jessops ?

Decided to stick with the £300 Jessops order in the end.
But today.. the £242 online order arrived. 2days after being told that it would never arrive.

Elated...:thumbsup: But a little concerned that Jessops dont seem to know what they are doing :rolleyes:

Thanks... its not for me... its a present :)

1 more question. I have searched for a user guide (dont want to break the seal on the guide in the box) but cannot find it online.

Just wanted to check the picture quality out against my mums HC23. Did a quick recording and noticed the motor noise (its like the humming I get from the dodgy lead on my router). Trying to display the recording onto the TV, but have no idea how to connect it up.
The MVX came with a lead that has red yellow and white cables, and some kind of jack. Cannot find a jack socket on the MVX tho. Tried plugging the yellow and red cables into the input on the MVX, with the white cable plugged into the TV, but that didnt seem to work either :(
Not sure if I need to change a setting on the camcorder, or if the jack is suppoesd to go somewhere.. but cannot find it :oops:

Dont worry, I was being stupid. Didnt realise the jack went into the AV in port. It didnt look like it fitted.

Tried it out, and the image is clear, and bright. Definitely outperformed the Sony.

Thanks for all your advice, very pleased with the present that I am giving. :)

I saw several MVX450 in Jessops today ,one in Swiss Cottage London andone in Eailing . But they are quite expensive £389.00

David

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom