Ordered a tv from currys

aymank

hi i ordered an lcd from currys online, via a finance plan and put £500 deposit down i then cancelled the order on the same day , will i still be able to get my deposit back?

chrise

Novice Member
hi i ordered an lcd from currys online, via a finance plan and put £500 deposit down i then cancelled the order on the same day , will i still be able to get my deposit back?
What does the agreement say? Legally it will depend on that subject to the fact that Currys have a duty to reduce your loss to their reasonable costs.

In all probability you will get all of your deposit back but if you have entered into a contact you are bound by its terms.

aymank

I dont know i recieved the finance papers 2day through the post, obviously as advised i shredded them because i wasnt going to commit to the agreement , i just hope they dont keep my £500

chrise

Novice Member
I dont know i recieved the finance papers 2day through the post, obviously as advised i shredded them because i wasnt going to commit to the agreement , i just hope they dont keep my £500
Actually you should be pretty safe as you are covered by the distance selling regulations and can cancel without cost up to 7 days after the goods are delivered. Make sure you have cancelled in writing and if you used a credit card told the card issuer.

aymank

yeh just spoke 2 web after sales, they will refund in full, as they dont reserve any stock untill finance papers are returned signed