1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ordered a PSP/DS from dvdsoon, then read this.

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Rob20, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    I was looking through their small print and came accross this:

That seems outrageous to me. Surely it's their responsibility to get the goods that we've paid for to us? :confused:

But it also says elsewhere:

Not sure whether to cancel my PSP order now!? :confused:

2. uczmeg

uczmeg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Order it from DVDBoxoffice.com, £140 shipped and they upgrade their free shipping to a courier service which should be safer and quicker.

Cheers
    MArc

3. uczmeg

uczmeg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Okay, hadn't seen the Soon price when I wrote that!

4. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    In addition if you use a courier you will have a much higher chance that customs will be charged on it. I would estimate customs fees could be about £45+, including tax on the courier service, and the fact that most couriers charge quite a bit more for collecting the tax than post office. (well apart from Fedex £4.50).

I am a little worried though, saving £35 or £80 but possibly not receiving the goods, this is how I first felt when using Ebay. It's making me consider going back to Ebay!

Steve

5. uczmeg

uczmeg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Good point, things almost never sneak through when a courier is used. You just get a bill a month later.

Having been a heavy PDA user for years and seen how much the tech costs, and owning a PSP now I can't believe the prices (even the UK price!). Sony must be taking a killing on the hardware as this is a quality bit of kit. The screen is awesome.

Still I won my PSP which makes it even more enjoyable! ;)

6. jian

jian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    The risk in goods always passes to the buyer unless stated otherwise. Most companies will investigate, and maybe even send you a replacement in the event of loss or damage, but they are not obliged to.

7. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I purchased it on Barclaycard so I`m covered anyway :thumbsup: But in any event you have to be sensible about these things. How many items have you ordered from DVDsoon and how many have gone missing ? The only thing that worries me is that the customs labels are clearly marked ( I received a DVD from them today and the label details parcel contents and value)

If it says PSP its a tempting target for Postie.....

8. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    That's what I'm worried about. Still, if it is liable for duty etc, then at least the PO will have an incentive to get us the PSP as they'll want their money back. Just thought of that now.

9. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I have ordered mine using free shipping! :eek:

I paid for it using my egg visa card, if it goes missing, am I covered?

Would visa make me wait the 45 working days dvdsoon states? :eek: :confused:

10. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Not sure. You should always be covered with credit cards really. However I will say that a friend had problems with egg in the past with a dubious credit card transaction.

You always have the option of canceling your order and reordering with a different shipping method. Thing is will you end up going to the back of the pre order que ? Personally I`m holding my nerve and will deal with the problem if it arrises. They are a decent etailer, as I said before we have to be sensible about these things.

11. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I did phone dvdsoon up today and the lady confirmed that if it has to be 45 business days ie 9 weeks before they can do anything about it! :eek:

However she did say that if it didn't turn up by then they would ship me out another PSP, so :thumbsup:

I'm going to hold me nerve I think. Having said that, the courier they use is DHL who have been nothing but rubbish IMO in the past. I did see a DHL van going back from the gym today though. Is it a sign? :eek:

12. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Egg cards, like Am Ex Blue cards have a 100% Internet Safe usage for them, so basically if you don't get it, get in touch with them and you'll be credited back. It MAY take a week or 4 for paperwork etc etc. but you're definitely safe. I think Egg would say 28 days, not 45 - but if the company say 45, then I think you're obliged to wait that long.

13. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    It can take quite a while for things to arrive from Canada, even when you don't use DVDsoon, even so 45 days is a little long.
    Are you sure that the DHL depot is not near the Gym?!
    The only problem I've got is the nearer I get to release date the more I wish I'd specified courier instead and paid the duty etc to get it quicker.

Steve

14. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    cheers sadmuppet, that is good to know! :thumbsup:

I went into dixons today, couldn't believe what they are asking for sd cards! :eek: £80 for a 512MB one!

How do they keep in business ripping everyone off like that? :confused: :mad:

15. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    You are welcome. Try Amazon or Valuemedia for memory cards (and all media really). Really good company to deal with (even offered me some DVD-R's to test before I purchased!).

On a related subject, Yahoo Games Domain verified the price of $249 US or $299.99 CAN for the PSP Value Pack and listed it's contents (for those who don't know) as well as confirming the 1 Million Spidey2 UDM movie. I received my copy of Wario Ware for DS today - Customs charges were £3.80 plus £4 for Royal Mail clearance - but as Wario was marked as $50, that means in theory (here's hoping), that the bill for the PSP should only be £26.80. Probably won't be but that's what I'm hoping for now!

16. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I think it goes up in thresholds though mate. It might be a higher % rate for something like a psp. Don't forget the psp will be marked at $300, as that is what it costs before the discount!

17. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Games Guru

Yes - I am aware of the pre marking, as Wario was marked at $50 which is the pre discount price. Am unsure if it goes up in brackets, as I thought it was a case of VAT plus Duty plus handling fee and nothing more. Oh well - guess we'll see when they finally ship eh ? :thumbsup: