Order delay - How Long Should I wait?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by weyland-yutani, Jun 15, 2009.

1. weyland-yutani

weyland-yutani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    All told I've been waiting three months for delivery of an order. It looks very much like It will never arrive. The company have no information about when I will receive the item, and any dates they have given have come and gone. I can no longer contact the company directly as they have stopped answering the phone. Their customer service department is an out-sourced unit and can offer very little help. Whenever I speak to them they say they will pass the message on and get them to call back, this never happens.

How do I go about cancelling the order and how do I find out where the company operates from should it require legal action to retrieve my money?

Thanks.

2. krish

krish
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Astral Crescent, Zoovroozlechester, Betelgeuse V
    Ratings:
    +16,374
    it looks like you have taken reasonable steps to contact the merchant to no avail, so it might be worth contacting your credit card issuer regarding a chargeback

- if you used a Visa debit card, a chargeback is also a possibility

I would also fire off an e-mail to the merchant informing them that you are cancelling the order.

3. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,577
    It does not matter which jurisdiction they are in because they are operating in the UK and delivering the goods to you, so any legal proceedings will fall under English jurisdiction

There right of action would be one for non-performance against yourself, but your right of action is under section 29(3) of the Sale of Goods Act... in that they are not delivering within a reasonable time

4. weyland-yutani

weyland-yutani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Thanks.

I meant their physical address so I can be sure that they receive notification, if necessary.

5. bosque

bosque

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +554
    In order to advise, it would help to know what you ordered, the name of the company and what method of payment you used.

6. weyland-yutani

weyland-yutani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Well, this being a popular AV website it's not beyond the realm of possibility that the company concerned could be reading this. I do not want to give them further reason to "jerk" me around. They have been most un-helpful and they have displayed a tiresome attitude towards the problem when I have spoke to them. Not once have they contacted me to inform me of delays. All contact has been instigated by myself.

When I have managed to contact them and have actually cancelled the item(later today) I shall no doubt require further assistance. If their customer service is anything to go by getting a full refund will not be a pleasant experience. aside from the fact I now have to source my order from elsewhere, whilst part of my budget is tied up with them.:(

7. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,577
    When you say that you have been waiting for three months, at what point was you informed of said 3 month wait in relation to when payment was taken?

s.29(3) and a "reasonable time" for delivery applies where no time was expressly agreed between parties at the time of forming the contract

I would of course point out that under s.28, delivery and payment are concurrent conditions. Most online merchants (well the ones I have encountered) do stipulate no monies will be taken until delivery is made (typically with pre-orders)

8. insomniak123

insomniak123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +370
    I'd name and shame them mate, it's going to make no difference to your claim for a refund, due mostly in part to the clause quoted by LFC_SL.

If they see their bad publicity all over this extremely google-friendly (;)) forum, it might give them a wake-up call to actually show they have an ounce of decency, if they want to continue trading :smashin: