Orchid - Opinions Please

Elrond

Prominent Member
Reaction score
First one from me in a while but I would like your opinions on this one.

My original idea was to convert it to Black & White but the pinks and whites are quite soft so it didn't look right. However it looked quite good with the saturation just shy of black & white. What do you lot think?

Its click able for Flickr.

I'm surprised I'm the first to comment on this.

Cracking shot. :thumbsup:

The petals are well exposed, and the composition is great. Pity there isn't more colour contrast in the top right where the blown highlights are.

I would also have tried another angle to have a continunous foliage background.

Very nice :thumbsup:

Very nice. :thumbsup:

IMO it would be nice if the top buds were open.

Ian.

Thanks for your comments! It was getting to a point where I thought no one would comment!

A agree about the points raised about the top right. I think if the buds were out it would add more contrast to that corner.

When they do come out, and if the others are still there, you may see this thread come back again with a new shot! Also hopefully the sky won't be so overcast again adding a bit more contrast.

That is a nice shot, but I do agree about the unopened buds. I would have taken a shot of the two lowest flowers in one shot. :thumbsup:

But I have to be careful what I say as I will be posting some more flower macros in the next day or so:rolleyes:

It's a nice shot of the flowers but the background detracts from the subject IMO

The flowers are captured really well. I love the subtlety of the colour. But I do agree that they don't stand out from the background enough for my taste.

I would quite like to see the original as a comparison.

Here's the original.

IMG_0039.jpg

The colours here are much better IMHO :thumbsup:

I prefer the second, the first just looks a little too washed out for my taste.

So we're all agreed then - the flower stands out much better in the original effort.

Nice purples actually stand out better from the green background which is allows the flower to leap out.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom