Orbs on photos

bob1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Every now and then i get pale white orbs on some photos , does anybody know what causes them?The most recent were at an old church hall (kids party) and were on most of the photos,one of them was covered in them.

There is actually a line of thought that claims that these are actually spirits and the ghosts of beings (seriously).

Probably flare caused by internal reflections of a light source within the lens assembly.
The only way avoid the problem is to ensure you have no bright light sources in the field of view.

try using 150w black light bulbs, stops this effect !
wear a inverted cross helps too !
j/k ... solly couldnt resist

post some pics plz bob... can we sell these ? he he

The pictures were taken in quite a dark room so i don't think you can blame the light.I have heard about the ghost theory but i don't belive that kind of thing ,saying that this was a old church hall spooky:eek: .I'll try and sort a picture out.

Originally posted by bob1
Picture here

Yes they are ghosts alright.

You can see the young girl looking straight at one of them as if she knows what she is seeing (a bit like in the 6th sense). :clap:

hey that blonde girl can see the big one ? shes lookin at it !

other one on left has a face on it lol

lots of them tho looks like reflections to me umm v strange m8
if the cameras a slr i believe u need to clean it inside ?

trust a mod to say its a ghost ha ha j/kr...
you supposed to be realistic bout this ha ha

The camera is a canon a70 the orbs arn't on all the pictures only some .Only ever had this in my mums house before. I took some photos this morning with no probs.

Plus i have never had that many on one photo its only ever one orb at a time. Quick someone get Yvette Fielding :rotfl:As anyone else had something like this.

Originally posted by Jayde

trust a mod to say its a ghost ha ha j/kr...
you supposed to be realistic bout this ha ha

I know.

Actually my wife is really into all these TV programs such as most haunted etc and they once had a thing about this.

I just sat there having a good laugh about it and rubbishing the whole thing (whilst my wife gave me dirty looks) as I do not believe in ghosts.

But then I actually took a photo a few weeks later of the new headstone on my late dads grave (outside with no flash on my Canon A40) and there right above the headstone is a huge orb :confused:

So I still stand by my belief that there are no such things as ghosts BUT I am having difficulty explaining this photo to my wife :suicide:

besides, if you look real close in the top left of the picture, I am sure there is something there :rotfl:

Look Again

Originally posted by Networkguy
I know.

Actually my wife is really into all these TV programs such as most haunted etc and they once had a thing about this.

I just sat there having a good laugh about it and rubbishing the whole thing (whilst my wife gave me dirty looks) as I do not believe in ghosts.

But then I actually took a photo a few weeks later of the new headstone on my late dads grave (outside with no flash on my Canon A40) and there right above the headstone is a huge orb :confused:

So I still stand by my belief that there are no such things as ghosts BUT I am having difficulty explaining this photo to my wife :suicide:

:eek:

n/guy !
i wanna see that one now !
and more of bobs too

i was discussing a grandfather who passed away few months earlier , he had a bible that he cherished, so i went to retrieve it upstairs as i opened he bedroom door the cupboard above the bed opened on its own to reveal the bible !
was eerie !
true story !
no pics solly

btw ask members to read there pm`s plz
they unaware of these

see the boy in white on left, his reflective clothing has caused a flash bounce ?
sorted lol

Originally posted by Jayde
n/guy !
i wanna see that one now !

I will hunt it out and post it but in the meantime, for the argument about these being down to dirt or lighting.

Here are 2 pictures taken 3 seconds apart from the same location with the same camera settings.

a.JPG

b.JPG

But I still do not believe in ghosts :p

Ok one more here .It looks like the one on the top left is on the move.Before you ask i didn't take the photos:rolleyes:

nah
solly bob !
definitly flash bounce, caught in the mirrors n lens !
same as our mods, only needs that slight angle to cause it
the girl looking up is coincidence..looks good tho

i have seen moving orbs on that ghost hunt on tv tho, dunno wtf they are.. BOO !

any alien artefacts they sell like hot cakes ha ha
goin pub now bhys

http://www.jwcl13731.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/upload/AliengrindX.gif

one i made he he

whoaa thas great !

havent seen his pic yet
gotta go pub nows
cyas
good crack tho

These bright spots happen a lot with cameras that have the flash close to the lense - I have a Nikon 2500 that suffers quite badly from it. Can also happen if theres a lot of dust in the air.

I was thinking that it could have been reflections from her diamond ring,as i said i've never seen so many on one photo.

These Orbs are usually caused by the flash bouncing of dust particals or water vapour (rain drops) which are close to the camera. This is more obvious with compact cameras as the flash is closer to the lens and the angle of reflection is greater producing a more obvious flaw in the picture. I found a photography site a while ago which explained this better. Orbs can also be caused by reflections or other light sources.

Try looking at this site:

http://www.paranormalaustralia.com/photos/orbs.html

The site shows a photo taken of a dust cloud with many orbs and one caused by glare. Your photo may not have as many orbs as the image shown but the principal is the same. I dont believe in the ghost explenation they offer for some pictures, but some do.

I have had Orbs popping up in photos caused by my flash bouncing off rain drops. Remember, as particals get closer to the lens they will appear larger and will be out of focus.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom