• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

OrbitSound M9 setup help

cs1980

Novice Member
Hi all - looking for guidance, help and/or clarification.

I have an OrbitSound M9 which only comes with a Opitical and RCA output. However I would like to connect up several devices (Sky HD box, Media Player, Apple TV, 3D Bluray player). I have an LG 660V 3D LED TV which has the normal outputs and 3 x HDMI. How do I get the soundbar to work with all devices ? My thinking is....................

Connect the soundbar to the TV using the Audio Output.
Connect the Sky, Media Player, blu ray player to the TV via HDMI
Connect apple TV via Component.
Then connect all the device into a Optical splitter.

Would that work?

Any other suggestions if mine is all wrong.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The Optical, 2RCA and 3.5mm connections on your Soundbar are Inputs :)

Your TV has an Optical Out – which will cater for audio from the 3 X HDMI equipped Sources (connected via HDMI to the TV).

I assume you have the ‘old’ white Apple TV as the new Black unit lacks Component video out!
You could take a stereo out from the Apple TV (assuming it is the white unit) direct to the Soundbar plus the 3RCA Component video direct to the TV (can’t work out if you use the Stereo Input on the TV if that would be available on its Optical Out or not!).

So potentially no need for any new hardware!

Joe

PS Then again you could go with a nice 4x1 HDMI + Optical + ARC switch (if you do have the Black Apple TV) - Media Factory - Octava HD41-ARC-UK, HDMI + Optical + ARC switch

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom