1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orb Mod2's or B&W MT20?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by smthompson99, Oct 11, 2005.

1. smthompson99

smthompson99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I am looking for a sub/sat system to go with the pioneer 436 that I have ordered. I am considering using Orb Audio Mod2's paired with either a BK ELec XLS-200 or KEF PSW2500 sub or a B&W MT20 system. The MT20 system is getting good reviews at the moment and I can go and get a demo, but I prefer the look of the mod2's and have heard good things about them and the manufacturer has a 30 day no quibble return policy. Is there anyone out there who has heard both systems and can give a comparision or just any general advice? Also I assume that I would have to pay VAT and Duty on the Mod2's?

thanks
    Scott :lease:

2. jonandjen

jonandjen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    haven't heard the orbs, but heard the B&W MT20 package and it is worthy of all the praise it is receiving in the current press. I demoed them with both Denon and Yamaha mid range amps and for both movies and music the results very highly impressive (are wife friendly too!!)

Mine are on order, and just deciding whether to go for a Yamaha 4600 amp or wait for the 2600 (HDMI upscaling etc.) :smashin: