Orb - Live Tv/Streaming Videos

Foz87

Standard Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the using Orb to watch Live TV yet?

http://www.orb.com/iphone_how

Ive been using it for a while to stream music and internet radio, but they have now released a native app which allows you to stream any videos you have on your PC and more excitingly watch live TV from a tuner card. Ive got a slingbox at home, but with no sign of the development of a slingplayer for iphone, perhaps this will be the best way of watching live TV for the time being.

right ive been having a play about with this last night and this morning and it is definitely worth getting on your PC and iphone/touch. Ive just found out as well as live tv and videos from your HDD it can also stream live videos online. Ive just set mine up with links to BBC News 24, Sky News, Setanta Sports News, Eurosport News live feeds.

I would post some screen shots but i have somehow managed to crash my touch trying to install the dock app :oops:

That is a nice bit of software, it just works!!

Cheers!

well i finally got some screen shorts!

2i9ijcg.png
345d5c7.jpg
250ntdu.png

2nurpki.png

i even set up the link to TMS stream today to listen to the cricket with the video stream of all the stats along side the commentary from BBC Sport website, so in theory you should now be able to watch anything that is similcast on the bbc website, like the Wimbledon for example. This is an absolutely brilliant app, which i dont think too many people know about yet, but has huge potential!

Have to say that the quality of the TV streaming looks pretty poor

I am very interested in this app. Does it work on edge or only wifi?
I have MCE controlling my tuner. Will orb work in conjunction with mce?

Thanks

well i finally got some screen shorts!

2i9ijcg.png
345d5c7.jpg
250ntdu.png

2nurpki.png

i even set up the link to TMS stream today to listen to the cricket with the video stream of all the stats along side the commentary from BBC Sport website, so in theory you should now be able to watch anything that is similcast on the bbc website, like the Wimbledon for example. This is an absolutely brilliant app, which i dont think too many people know about yet, but has huge potential!

How did you manage to get links to feeds of the news, etc?

I've been trying to use this for weeks but have always found it crap. It will only find my C drive on my PC and not my external drive (where all my media is).

Playing music it makes no sound whatsoever.

It would be great - if it worked.

I've been trying to use this for weeks but have always found it crap. It will only find my C drive on my PC and not my external drive (where all my media is).

Playing music it makes no sound whatsoever.

It would be great - if it worked.

I had it working a few years back when I had my Media Centre PC connected to my Sky Box but I could only use it on my Vario when I was on wifi,
I'd like to try getting it working again.

How did you manage to get links to feeds of the news, etc?

i just found the links online and then added them as custom channels in orb.

It also works as a way of streaming all the BBC Radio stations, where are otherwise unplayable on the ipod/iphone.

i just found the links online and then added them as custom channels in orb.

It also works as a way of streaming all the BBC Radio stations, where are otherwise unplayable on the ipod/iphone.

Didn't realise that the iPhone wasn't capable of playing the BBC streams, might re-think buying one then.

Has anyone used orb on a jailbroken 3G iPhone yet? I'm thinking of getting a Satellite tuner card for my PC then stream the feed to my iPhone over 3G. Anyone got any experience in doing this and if so what was the quality of the stream like?

Have to say that the quality of the TV streaming looks pretty poor
agreed .. how does it actually look in real life? Obviously screen shots are slightly larger than the actual screen.

If I can use this with my PS3 as well, I will deffo get it.

edit: According to the orb page, you require a jailbroken iphone and can be installed from installer.app ... hmmm, not possible with a 3G yet then.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom