1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orb Audio Versus Gallo Micros

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by srogers, Aug 3, 2005.

1. srogers

srogers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I'm new to the site and thought I would share my experience of Orb Audio and Gallo Micro speakers.

I received my Orb Audios just yesterday and couldn't wait to test them out. Unfortunately I am still to purchase my avr so I took the speakers in to the hifi store I have been dealing with and where I will be purchasing the avr from.

We hooked up the orbs to a Harman Kardon AVR635 which is what I will be buying and connected the gallo sub to the system as well as hooking up a HK cd player.

All I can say is wow. I was really impressed by the Orbs. They blew me away and considering that they were not even broken in at all. The guy from the hifi store was very impressed as well. Very clear sound from a very small speaker.

Next up we hooked the Gallos up. All I can say is it was very disappointing. When I felt the weight of the Gallo I though "these are going to sound better" as they weigh more than the orbs. However I was very wrong. They were lacking in the mid range as well as the top range.

The sales guy also commented on how much better the orbs sounded. This was quite important for me to hear as it clearly showed that he was not just keen on convincing me out of the orbs and to buy the gallos.

I must say the gallo sub was lacking performance too so we hooked up a B&W AS2 sub. Wow what a difference. Sounded much more complete. Overall however I think I'll make do with my crappy sub for 6 months until orb release their 220v version of their sub and buy that.

If you have any doubts about the orbs all I can say is don't. They are sensational. Besides the 30 day return policy is a good safety net to have if you don't like them.

Their customer service is great as well and the speakers were extremely well packaged and arrived here in Australia within a week of when they were shipped.

All I can say is a great product from a great company. Can't wait till I fully set them up in my place.