Orb alternative

Wingsgb

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

In Orb there's an option to ad a webcam feed. I input my ip address in here and whenever I'm watching a film or a stream in VLC it will then show up on my UPNP for my other media devices to play on the network.*

Is there any other program's that can do this?

Thanks

Plenty of DLNA software available to play files over your network from various devices. Serviio media server is the best free one and Mezzmo is a very good paid for DLNA server.

Thanks alot I'll look into it. Iv Tryed Afew home media program's but I only tend to use this function for online streams that I can't get on tv. I found orbs picture wasn't so good when streaming also very choppy and took awhile to settle down.

Ok just installed serviio and this Dosent have that function. Just searched though there forums and found someone saying it can't be done. Don't want to buy mezzmo to find that Dosent work

Serviio can take websources and other streams. Whats the URL of your webcam you want to show up ?

It's not actually a webcam I want to show, that's just what it was labeled as under orb.*

I open up any online video I want to watch or I open up a sopcast stream.

In vlc I have http://192.168.1.110:8902 inputed in the "open network stream" setting. This plays whatever video is running on sopcast or on Internet. **

In orb I use to just put that ip address in and I could access the stream on my other devices.*

So in serviio - online sources tab

Iv added The adress but nothing

If you look on Serviio forums on the Serviio website you'll find a posting on how to setup to use with Sopcast. Follow the guide and might be better to ask questions if you get stuck on the serviio forum.

Ok thanks for your help, I now have this going. Best software iv used for media so far after last couple of hours adding plugins and channels

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom