1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orangey reds...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cj, Aug 30, 2003.

1. cj

cj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    The reds on my BD808s are decidedly orange - any suggestions on how to make them more red?

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds more like Tint is too much on one way.

Have you got Avia and set tint correctly?

Have you checked the colour decoder check?- use the little filters to check each tube is outputting at the correct & saturation level.

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,809
    The standard 808 red tube is too orange. It's a limitation of the phosphor set more than anything else. Roland does some nice filters that help this. Cuts down light output but once CRT is reclibrated for accurate greyscale you'll get a nicer image.

Gordon

4. cj

cj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Just noticed that I have hardly any yellows either - just watched a scene on my plasma where there was a guy in a red jumper in a room with yellow wallpaper. On my crt it looked like a orange jumper and orange wallpaper. Does this mean some or all of my tubes are knackered?

5. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Strange this thread being revived, I was just doing a search on filters for crt tubes!

Just wondered if anyone had tried added the Rosco filters described in this thread over at AVS http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=160928&highlight=kenny+filters ?

It describes adding cheap filters that have a dramatic improvement to the colours from the tubes improving the green and getting rid of the orangey reds (at the cost of some light output and possibly minor focus issues.

Such a cheap mod but such a hugh improvement!

Regards,
    paul

6. nfordenfield

nfordenfield
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cj,

best to check the g2's mate and see if they are set right, then try calibrating in the colour balance.

Try writing down the current settings or copy over the block first to 95 then try again 6500k, you can then find this scene and A/B - Roland/Gordon correct me if i'm wrong.

Check that scaler/hcpc/dvd is not adding/removing anything first.

Let us know