• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

orange to ee swap and go

pittsy46

Guys,
Has any one done this?
I was reading on the EE website that all you had to do was take your old phone (for instance galaxy s3) into the store and swap it with a new 4g phone (for instance galaxy s4).
So i reserved an S4 in my local store for pick up on tomorow, i confirmed with the guy i spoke to that there was no handset charge.
I called today to check to see if you still get 2 for 1 cinema tickets with EE and also to confirm there was no charge and the girl i spoke to said there was a £99 charge for the phone and my old S3 value was used to pay up my old orange contract.
I happened to open up the t/c's at the same time whilst browsing and the t/c's state that there is no charge for terminating your old orange contract.
The plan i want is the £36 pm plan (same as i am paying at the moment) and the handset charge for that plan is £179 so i assumed that the £200 or so my S3 is worth was to pay for that.
I am really confused so i spoke to a nice lady at EE and she said i should stick to my guns as because i have reserved the phone i have entered into a contract with them for the amount discussed.
I dont want to pay anything as i am signing up for another 2 years and ain't got £100 spare any way.]
Has any one else had this kind of experience, it seems to me that the shops are just making their own rules??

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom