orange spv m600

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Andy F, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Andy F

Andy F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    forgive me if i am being stupid but i cant get my orange spv m600 to connect to my home wireless network or orange gprs

its a company phone if that hampers things!

any help appreciated

2. siany

siany

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    You could get GPRS settings from orange's website or if your phone's not listed, call Orange and they can send them to your phone. Same goes for voicemail, just ring them up and they'll sort it for you.

As for wireless, you'll have to disable GPRS first. On my vario 2 you go to comm manager, which is the little icon next to the battery, and tap the GPRS icon to disable it. Also enable wireless (WLAN). I've never used the orange variant before and am not sure how they've changed the menus etc but you should have a comm manager of some sort. Once you enable WLAN it should automatically start searching for available networks and asking you for a passkey if one's needed.

HTH! :)

3. Andy F

Andy F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    rang orange and reset voicemail, now working ok, could not get gprs settings as im not set up on the account so could not access, but sorted voicemail out by ringing me and leaving message

thanks for your help

4. peterjspencer

peterjspencer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    When you say you cant connect to the wireless network what do you mean? Are you using the wireless capability of the phone to try and connect to other computers on your network (which it wont, you need to use the active synch software) or are you using the wireless network to try and connect to Broadband. Ive a got a Belkin wireless box which connects to NTL and had no problems whatsoever connecting my M600 to the internet.

5. Andy F

Andy F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am using the wifi to try pick up my wireless network for broadband, i think it finds it and i enter my network key but doesnt seem to be working..

using dlink wireless router on ntl