Orange speed downgraded

Discussion in 'ISPs & The Internet' started by broooce, Jan 24, 2008.

1. broooce

broooce
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have noticed tonight that my speed has been downgraded from 2.2 to 1.1.

I had been connecting at the higher speed for about 12 months with lots of connection problems and no real answer from orange but why would they just change the speed.

To be honest if I can connect at 1.1 and have no drop outs etc I would be ok with that but why?

2. Mickus

Mickus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    Funny you mention that. My mate is with Orange and last night, for the first time ever he couldn't connect to any games within Call of Duty.

Are they having some sort of network problem does anyone know?

3. Slippery_Jim

Slippery_Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like you are not the only one that this has happened to. Just noticed this myself today:mad:. For the last year or two i have had connection speeds of around 4.2 Mbps (actual d/l of around 480KB/sec), today i can only connect at 0.64 Mbps (actual d/l of around 70 KB/sec). I have no idea why they have done this and will be changing ISP if they do not resolve this ASAP.

Has anynbody any ideas why this has happened????

4. JonRushton

JonRushton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I was also with orange at my parents house. No end of trouble with slow connections and what not.

Just bought my own house, ordered Be* broadband on tuesday night. got my welcome back thursday morning, was due to be connected friday, but plugged it in thursday night, and i was on. My parents got a speed of about 4mb, im getting 11mb and im the same distance from the exchange as they are. (But ADSL2, although line estimates were at the 6mb mark for me)

Can't get much better than that.. Took them 2days from order to complete. Must of been someone else in my area getting connected at the same time in the exchange and did mine early.

5. Mickus

Mickus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
  6. MrHiggy

MrHiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I've not noticed a speed change but I am suffering from the current issues referenced here. It just keeps randomly dropping the connection - and there was I blaming MS again for kicking me off Xbox Live!

I've just been checking my account on the Orange website and it appears that they are offering me a chance to upgrade my connection speed from 8mb to 6mb (yes, 8 to 6) free of charge. That's nice of them. Although it would mean locking into a new 12 month contract. Hmmm, think I'll leave it, thanks.