Orange price increase

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by dts_boy, Dec 7, 2011.

1. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    I thought i would share my recent experience with everyone....

I'm sure I am not the only one that recently received a text from Orange stating the contract price will be increasing by 4.3%.
    They claim its due to rises in inflation and its allowed in their terms and conditions.
    I wasn't happy so called up to complain, demanding the price remain the same or allow me to terminate contract.
    What was the outcome - "we can't let you do that" but they put me through to another dept which said looking at my usage they would change me onto a plan which better suited my needs. After 20min i am now paying £10/month less than before - was on a £35/month contract which i harldy use due to having a work mobile as well.
    Result :thumbsup:
    If anyone has issues i would recommend calling them, persevering with their crap and hopefully you too can make savings.

2. Crovon

Crovon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    I've been reading into this further after getting the same text.

They say they don't have to offer you the option to terminate your contract as their terms refer to clause 4.3.1.

However the statistics office that they base their increase on ceased to exist in 1996, and the successor stopped in it's entirety in august this year!

I'm going to complain and write a letter based on some other web articles about this so I can be offered my rightful option of cancelling my 2 contracts.

3. DistortionNat

DistortionNat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Yeah I'm really unhappy about this. I've been a loyal customer for around 8 years and just a month after I renew for another 2 years they land this on me.
    If there is anyway I can get out of my contracts (my son also has a phone on my account) I would love to know about it.

4. Crovon

Crovon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    This is where I got the info from, its much more detailed.

Orange

I too would like to know if there is a way I can get out of my contract early. It doesnt finish until september next year.

5. DistortionNat

DistortionNat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51

Great, thanks for that.
    Ive printed off that template letter and Im posting it to them tomorrow.

Its just not good enough, they cant justify this. Increasing prices for new customers is fair enough but to treat loyal customers in this way who are already locked into a contract is disgusting.
    I cant believe I have recommended these arseholes to my friends and family members over the years. I most certainly will NOT be renewing my contract with Orange again. They have lost a loyal customer.

6. steve1221

steve1221

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    The problem you have is it's in the contract that you've agreed too that they can up the price by 4.something %
    Ofcom don't see a problems and have referred the whole thing back to Orange to be looked at on a case by case basis. Which means they'll pay lip service and then say no.

Orange don't care about 'loyal customers' they've just got all of T mobiles and now that Everything Everywhere is the largest network they don't need to keep anyone happy any more.

And if you think customers are being treated poorly, you should see what they've done with their own staff! Entire dept's closed and the work moved 'over seas'. If they don't care about their staff what chance do you think customers have ?

7. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    As I have said in my original post, I think I have done alright out of it. When my contract ends in June 2012 I will vote with my feet.

8. DistortionNat

DistortionNat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51

Hmm, yeah I guess... :(