Orange Network

152bobby

Established Member
Reaction score
My daughter wants a crap phone just for calls and texting when she hopefully goes to the Reading Festival (I'd rather someone nick the crap phone than her iphone).

She wants a LG KS360 (don't ask, I'm just her Dad). I have found one which they say may be locked to Orange !!

Orange don't exist, will this phone work ?

Orange don't exist, will this phone work ?

Only if you have an Orange sim (or possibly an EE sim if they’re still programming the Orange network code in them). the sim lock doesn’t have the ability to know that Orange merged with T-Mobile and became EE, it will still have the same sim restriction that it had pre-2014.

I doubt the battery in any older phone will last the weekend without a charge. Time for Dad to step up and find her a better solution...

Easier said than done, when she wants a non Smart Phone with a slide out qwerty keyboard ! Normally, I'd just say "take a run and jump" , but at least she does not want to damage or loss her Iphone, so that's good.

Texting at festivals can be more hit and miss than messaging via Snapchat etc. She might be disappointed at how long it can take texts to arrive.

Maybe look for an unlocked version and get her a decent power bank to last the weekend.

Convinced her to give a unlocked Nokia C3 (pink) a go, I've had one sitting in a box for years, never been used, I forgot I had it and not exactly sure why I have it 😅

Texting at festivals can be more hit and miss than messaging via Snapchat etc. She might be disappointed at how long it can take texts to arrive.

Maybe look for an unlocked version and get her a decent power bank to last the weekend.

I agree a portable battery is a must. I'd buy one with a massive capacity for around £30, sufficient for multiple full recharges of a phone

I do have a few large capacity portable battery charges, some with solar charging, which actually worked very well last time she went to a festival and the sun actually came out. But the ones I have last for ages anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom