1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

orange network credit check

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by waz2004, Nov 26, 2004.

1. waz2004

waz2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    since 1994 i had a mobile phone. After each year i cancel my contract and go onto one which provides the best deal. Have been with T-mobile, vodafone, orange and 3 (very poor service). As you have gathered they have been yearly contracts. Last time i was with orange was in 1998. Credit checks were done and i passed. :thumbsup:

My existing contract with T-mobile is due to end and i have tried to obtain a phone on Orange network but was refused after a credit check. :mad: When i asked about 3 network and T mobile i had passed both checks but i didn't proceed with the order. :confused:

The question is how does Orange do their credit check. Who do i need to speak to at Orange to see what is happening. I have already order my credit score report from Experian who orange uses.

i have no bad history with credit payments etc etc

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    They have probably cottoned on to what you do and would rather not bother for just a year before you are off again to pastures new.

It probably has nothing to do with credit scoring

3. waz2004

waz2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    just had my report from experian (credit check company). As expected my record is clean. When i rang them up they said there was nothing wrong with my history but for some companies they reckon i have too much credit available. It is advisable to close the accounts that i no longer use.

what has happened is that i had done up my house and instead of paying using cash i used a credit card which was offering 0% interest for 6 months or so. I paid the minimum amount each month and before the 0% offer had expired i had applied for a new card with 0% free period and transfered my balance etc etc. Never did bother to close my old credit card, it was put in a box which said 'just in case'.

i have three young devils which need clothing etc. When you shop at Adam for example they invite you to take out their store card and receive a discount. Once done and when i receive my statement i pay it in full and cut up the card.

the same applies when you buy furniture, tv etc using the shop's interest free period. The account has been paid up in full in the interest free period and forgotten. Since the account is no longer used it is still active on your credit history data.

my advice is cut back on unwanted credit cards, close any old shop interest free accounts etc for a clean trouble free credit rating.

guess who is going to have an aching wrist.....

ha ha by writing letters i mean

4. griff_av

griff_av

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i was up for my 1st renewal on genie, back before O2, and let it go through to another year at the same time i swapped banks and was refused a new account due to a credit problem, the kind advisor at the bank told me she couldnt say what the problem was or how big it was but still told me it was a very silly small amount I should check out. I got an £8 credit query from experian which told me I owed genie 5 whole pounds which had put a black mark against my credit score. after several phone calls to genie I finally got a number for a finance department who eventually told me it was s system error and wiped it off my record (no refund on my £8 though)

now the cynical side of me thought - i was up for renewal of my phone contract, if i failed a credit check I couldnt swap mobile operators... hmmm how useful for genie....

5. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I think it is a matter of time before the networks say no to people who just get new contracts to get the newest phones cheap. T Mobile have already started 18 month contract terms. 0% credit cards are going to disappear in the future too-it's costing the CC companies BILLIONS(was on the news not so long back) It seems we are more clever than these companies give us "credit" (sorry for the pun!) for :)

6. waz2004

waz2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    regarding my original post when i first wanted an orange network phone i approached the carphone warehouse who did a credit check which in turn rejected me. so i tried t-mobile and the credit check was passed. That was about 2 years ago. Last month i tried to purchase an orange phone from E2save. My order was rejected after a credit check. A week later i approached onestopphoneshop for an orange phone. They took my details and will call me back after a credit check if any problem arises. Heard nothing for two days. On the third day there was a knock on the door - my new orange phone has arrived. Looks like i have passed the credit check.

It appears my previous rejections has to do with carphonewarehouse because E2save are part of carphonewarehouse company.

I wrote a letter to orange credit refferal dept who replied there was nothing wrong with my credit score. All i can say is thanks to E2save. if it wasn't for them rejecting my application i won't have a free sony ericsson k500i on a 12 month contract which is also free after cashback on voda100 tarriff.

now who is a happy bunny :clap: