1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orange MPx200 Battery Problems

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by NigelP, Dec 2, 2004.

1. NigelP

NigelP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Orange MPx200 battery does not last for more than 1 day, even if I have not used the phone. It has been sent away twice before (once for 9 weeks) & the battery replaced before.

Orange have offered to send it away again, or replace the phone next year after the contract finishes, or pay more money to get a new phone.

All I want is a phone that works without having to pay extra money for a phone that will last more than a day.

Does anyone have any ideas!

2. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +921
    I think i'd have a serious go at Orange, stand your ground and get them to replace the phone now. If it was a new phone provided when you took the contract out then surely the phone should be fit for the purpose and if it isn't then they should be obliged to replace it.

I use Orange and have always found them to be quite helpful.

3. NigelP

NigelP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also had a good impession of Orange. It has changed now. They will not change it, when I asked to speak to her supervisor I was told they will not take my call.

So I am looking for another phone company

4. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    have you tried going into an orangeshop an speaking to one of their managers? It's hard for them to ignore you when you're in front of them :)

5. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +921
    There are some batteries for that model here for as low as £15. Might be a short term solution.

It's atrocious that a 'pleb' would not let you speak to their supervisor :mad:

6. NigelP

NigelP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried at the store, he was happy to say there was nothing he could do except send it away again.

I have been totatally :censored: off with the customer care from Orange. When I first joined in '97 they were excellent, now they seem just interested in selling phones.

7. waz2004

waz2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    it seems they are now concentating on making as much money as they can in short term. They should be aware that if they :censored: u off you will not renew your contract hence lost sale

what :censored: me off more now that i have been happy with t-mobile in the past. When the time came to renew my contract i as in the past cancelled it so that i can take a new contract and get a new free phone in the process. I was angry that they have started to charge for itemsed billing - it is not the money but the principle.

[edited by Mylo, to remove swearing]