• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Orange is the New Black Season One AVForums Blu-ray Review

nicfaz

Got to wonder who'll buy on blu rather than just sub to Netflix for a bit?

On the show itself, we've just finished it and enjoyed it - there are moments when it forgets it's about making drama and comedy out of the situation and becomes a 'muppetcom' , with unrealistic portrayals of people (the chicken episode comes to mind) but generally very good and I'm looking forward to S2 in June.

Wayne Beetison

Yeah £25 on bluray or £7 for two months netflix, you would get Season 2 as well as it starts next month.

Thought the show was good, its the supporting cast that make the show though, any fans of Taylor Schilling should checkout "Mercy" on netflix, above average hospital drama, where she plays a similar self obsessed and pretentious american.

crabby09

I kinda liked the chicken episode - portraying how hopeless people can become fixated on what others might see as inane just to escape from their current situation.

Well worth the Netflix sub!

crabby

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Yep pretty decent series that we enjoyed. Worth the netflix sub for this and of course house of cards

DeeTeeCollins

A brilliant review which sums it up pretty well. All I can advise is give it a chance. For me, it took a while to get into. You won't be disappointed! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom