Orange/iPhone- delivery report of text messages possible ?

tausifs

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have tried a Giffgaff sim in my iPhone 4 and if I use *0# at the beginning of the txt , I get a delivery report.

On Orange , they say it is not possible to do it because of the iPhone's peculiarities. But surely if GiffGaff can do it, then so should they ?

Or have I been misinformed? I tried googling but no luck.

The *0# is a standard GSM code that forces the network to provide a report, BUT only if the codes are supported by the network servers.

Orange disabled their codes years ago when they started providing reports (and charging 1p for them).

There's no way this will now work on Orange. On any other phone you'd just enable delivery reports, but as Apple didn't built the feature into the iPhone's you're stuck, there isn't another work a round. Sorry.

Ok thanks , so can I still pay the 1p for an orange delivery report for select messages ?

The *0# is a standard GSM code that forces the network to provide a report, BUT only if the codes are supported by the network servers.

Orange disabled their codes years ago when they started providing reports (and charging 1p for them).

There's no way this will now work on Orange. On any other phone you'd just enable delivery reports, but as Apple didn't built the feature into the iPhone's you're stuck, there isn't another work a round. Sorry.

If you can set the phone for delivery reports you will get them, but you will also be charged 1p each for them.

I don't have an iPhone, but I was under the impression that Apple didn't include the function in the message settings ??

I don't have an iPhone, but I was under the impression that Apple didn't include the function in the message settings ??

Actually yes, just confirmed that this is the case. Orange charge 9p per delivery report but on the iPhone it isn't possible to provide a report hence being willing to pay for it is irrelevant.

No, not 9p it's .09 of a p. Which is 1p with the vat. I know it looks like 9p on some of Orange's infi but its not.

Makes you wonder how Apple could miss off a function like that !

H
Are you certain it's 0.9p ? When I called orange today the accented call centre guy confirmed to me it was '3x3=9p'. I will accept your version.

Its definitely .09p (1p a with the vat).

I have no idea what he's talking about with 3x3=9p ! Unless he's seeing 3 messages a day over 3 day?? But I can't work that out ?

(there are more areas going over to outsourcing in the next few months... happy days!).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom