• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

orange - customer service?

:mad: Furious with orange now, was debating staying with them when my contract was up this year, but really cannot wait to leave them

I rang up on the 11th December last year, I need my phone unlocking use a T-Mobile SIM in it. The chap was quite friendly and I explained to him that I wasn't using the D900 they sent me with the contract but I had bought an N95 off another member on here in fact, he said this was fine not to worry, I'd get my unlock code within 7-11 days by email. All sounds fine

Nothing appears. No emails. No phone calls. No letters.

I've just rung them back now and another bloke has told me that there is a note on my account that the unlock is not possible. So i question why. The IMEI number isn't registered to my account! I tried to explain that I was told this didn't matter the first time I called, but he continued to repeat that it was not possible, not my IMEI number.

I asked whether anyone was going to be kind enough to tell me this, I got the reply

"we are very sorry for the inconvenience, we are very sorry"

:censored: robots!!?!

Customer service my arse

yeah - i'm in contact with him on here so it should hopefully get it sorted

It's just that I was told to expect my code (lied to) when there has been a note on my account all this time that they're not actually going to send it to me :rolleyes:

chelsea.tone

Distinguished Member
Im with Orange, and when i enquired about unlocking my N95 i was told it takes up to 2 weeks as they have to get the code from Nokia, and it costs £20

Tony

acisace

Standard Member
orange did my head in when i tried to upgrade! Orange shop told me 1 thing the customer services another... Now ive ordered my fone wiv 02. They hav really impressed me so when my new fone comes then cancellin the 2 months ive got left on my contract and moving... What else ive seen other ppl are far from impressed with the service of late!!

Im with Orange, and when i enquired about unlocking my N95 i was told it takes up to 2 weeks as they have to get the code from Nokia, and it costs £20

Tony

thing is they told me exactly the same (which is true) - the n95's are well and truly locked and it takes a nokia code to assist the network operators code too... I was expecting a wait but they shouldn't have lied to me about it. If their policy is to not give codes belonging to an IMEI which doesn't belong someone's account, it would've been simple to tell me this at the time

I've seen the tariff I want on T-Mobile :smashin: Reason I want to leave orange is due to the crazy data tariffs they use!

frazzle121180

Did something similar to me, my GF wanted to use my phone (W580i) but she is on vodafone, called orange, explained the situation and was told it was no problem, gave him my IMEI and he said would take 5-10 days.

14 days passed, no contact from orange, called them back, was told the IMEI number I gave them was wrong, Orange never called me to tell this,explained it was the one from the box phones4u supplied, they got me to give them the IMEI from the phone itself, which was a different number, so far so good, again will take up to 10 days.

Another 14 days gone by still no word, phone up and was told it can take up to 30 days...............getting pee'd off now with them, so I wait till November 30th, still hear nothing from them, call them back and I am told the phone cannot be unlocked as it is a generic handset, asked them, what this means, could not get a definitive answer, girl on phone told me it meant it couldn't be unlocked.

Eventually sold the phone on Ebay and bought the GF a vodafone one, cant wait till my contract is up, should never have left voda, GF got her phone unlocked from them for £20 and it was done there and then on the phone.

Orange are just a bunch of cowboys

james_uk9

orange did my head in when i tried to upgrade! Orange shop told me 1 thing the customer services another... Now ive ordered my fone wiv 02. They hav really impressed me so when my new fone comes then cancellin the 2 months ive got left on my contract and moving... What else ive seen other ppl are far from impressed with the service of late!!

Using txt speak is against forum rules. Please re-read and familiarize yourself with the forum rules, many thanks. HERE

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom