• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Orange Contracts

L

leanne81

I got an orange contract yesterday, however I can get no reception anywhere in my house and have been told that I live in a "dip" area and can return the phone and cancel the contract. However now they are saying that they cant cancel.

any advice on what I can do. I dont want to be paying for a phone that I cant use:mad::mad::mad:

kentish_lad

Your rights
If you purchased the goods as a consumer as opposed to for business use, you have the right to cancel this contract. To do so you must contact us within 7 days of receipt of the goods by one of the following methods:

By Phone: Call 08000 790103 – Opening hours are 9:00am until 5:00pm Monday to Friday
By Email: [email protected]
By Fax: 08703766226
By Post: Orange PCS Ltd, PO Box 10, Patchway, Bristol, BS32 4BQ

You must then return the goods (including all accessories and documentation provided with such goods) to us within 30 days of cancellation to the following address:

Orange PCS Ltd
14 DMB, Warehouse 2, Unit 6
Banbury Logistics Centre
Appletree Road Estate
Banbury
OX17 1LL

L

leanne81

Can I take the phone back to the shop I bought it in and then them send it off?

Forbez

Probably not, as they just sell you the contract on behalf of Orange. Plus your putting it in their hands to return everything, which if they dont, you'll end up paying.

prking

Your rights
If you purchased the goods as a consumer as opposed to for business use, you have the right to cancel this contract. To do so you must contact us within 7 days of receipt of the goods by one of the following methods:

By Phone: Call 08000 790103 – Opening hours are 9:00am until 5:00pm Monday to Friday
By Email: [email protected]
By Fax: 08703766226
By Post: Orange PCS Ltd, PO Box 10, Patchway, Bristol, BS32 4BQ

You must then return the goods (including all accessories and documentation provided with such goods) to us within 30 days of cancellation to the following address:

Orange PCS Ltd
14 DMB, Warehouse 2, Unit 6
Banbury Logistics Centre
Appletree Road Estate
Banbury
OX17 1LL

Those are the terms and conditions for telephone/internet orders, to comply with the Distance Selling Regulations. As far as I know, when bought in store, different terms apply. I'm surprised that a coverage check wasn't done before the contract was signed.

Steven

Senior Moderator
Distance selling regulations do not apply to in-store purchases for self-explanatory reasons

As for the dilemma here, I would suggest that Orange providing coverage to you is the essence of the contract then you are entitled to escape from the contract. I'm not sure what they would be trying to argue here but go back and ask to speak to the manager rather than one of the employees

prking

I think the dispute sometimes arises because they will not be liable for lack of service which is outside their control. For example, many new properties have a metallic insulation which reduces the signal strength in-side the property to almost nothing. However, we don't know the reason for Orange refusing to cancel as the OP didn't tell us.

L

leanne81

Manager in shop was no help, she was more interested in getting sales and getting us out of the shop, however we phoned orange and they agreed to end the contracts, however have to see if we recieve a bill next month. STILL waiting on a phone call from the branch manager to let us know what they had decicded (nearly a week later and passed the deadline date) GOOD JOB WE TOOK MATTERS IN TO OUR OWN HANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND SORTED IT OURSEVLES:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Dancook

Distinguished Member
What happens if you use ordinary Royal Mail and the phone never reaches Orange?

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400029&mediaId=3500015

Does the First Class service entitle me to compensation for lost, damaged or delayed items?
You can claim compensation of up to £39 for lost or damaged items. Remember you'll need a certificate of posting to make a claim. You can also claim for delayed items. Find out more.

If you used special/recorded delivery it is covered for more.

Orange is not responsible for it's loss, but they may provide an insurance which covers loss/damage.

I know their insurance for protection against damage used to be £5 a month, and if you damaged it without insurance you could take it up midterm if you pay £5 for every month since purchase.

All in all, it is your responsibility to sort it out.

Ned Senior

I rang up six days into a contract to cancel which they agreed to (albeit online contract)
however the cancellation dept. told me they would send out a jiffy bag to return the phone and chip plus accessories etc in
they said if it doesnt arrive (the bag) within 14 days ring them back
It did arrive and it was royal mail special delivery bag already labelled... I packaged it up aand went to post office who charged me £6.70 postage
Tracking the item for two weeks and it stated processing however I rang orange and they said they had received it ok.

If I was you I would phone orange cancellaations on the number posted here in one of the other replies or alternaativeley on the contact you already have and ask for a RMA number and postal pack

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom