1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orange Broadband + PSN = drama

Discussion in 'Playstation Network PSN Forum' started by Disaveli, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Disaveli

Disaveli Standard Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

Ok so we recently got new broadband with Orange, we have a Netgear DGN1000sp router. I can connect to the internet fine on my computer but when it comes to connecting to PSN, the problems occur. I can't sign in to the PSN with the orange broadband, I've read everywhere that Orange and PSN just don't mix well.

Any solutions?

2. Fmrl

Fmrl Well-known Member

Ratings:
    +409
    What's the error code on your PS3 when you try to connect? It should work if you set up a DMZ and/or allow the right ports. I'm on Orange LLU and it works fine (a bit slow/laggy but that's more than likely due to the attenuation/snr).

3. Disaveli

Disaveli Standard Member

Ratings:
    +0
    DLNA 7531 protocol error

4. Fmrl

Fmrl Well-known Member

Ratings:
    +409
    I thought that error was just if you couldn't connect to a local DLNA server and nothing to do with PSN :confused:

DLNA 7531 protocol error - PlayStation Forum

Someone on there suggested restarting the Media Server (or disable it if you don't use it). I have the Media Server permanently disabled on mine so I'm not sure if I'd get this problem too.

What happens when you try to sign in?

5. Battle

Battle Well-known Member

Ratings:
    +707
    Im connected with orange fine. Although it did take a while to set up properly.

Do you use the router provided by orange or a third party one? I originally had a third party one but it stopped working, Im sure that orange cut it off but I cant prove it because as soon as i started using the orange provided livebox my broadband mysteriously started working again.

Are you connecting by Wi-fi or by ethernet cable?

If by Ethernet cable there may be an issue. If you have a component already plugged into port one on the livebox and you plug the PS3 into port 2 then it probably wont work as for some god forsaken reason port 2 is default set up for a phone line so you have to go into the router settings and turn that off before it will work for the PS3.

6. Nakatsu_Hime

Nakatsu_Hime Active Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Having Orange broadband isn't necessarily a deal-breaker. I have Orange, and PSN works fine. However, I do not use the router supplied by Orange, as my D-Link router does the job.

I've heard the routers supplied by Orange are not really first class re wLAN and PS3 connections.

7. Fmrl

Fmrl Well-known Member

Ratings:
    +409
    This might depend on what Orange give you. The Livebox can be a bit temperamental and Orange are aware of this (I retired mine and replaced it with a Netgear a couple of years ago). I think they issue customers with Netgear DGN1000 routers now instead.

Here's their guide...

Playstation 3 - how to set up a wireless connection to your Netgear DGN1000 wireless router | help & support | Orange UK

(not ideal but better than nothing)