orange broadband issue

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by Mulder79, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Mulder79

Mulder79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    hiya everyone...

orange are offering broadband free with a mobile phone contract. the catch is that it comes with a USB modem not a wireless. my question is that if i plug in a wireless modem instead can i get wireless or not ??

2. Member 79251

Member 79251
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,187
    Yes you can replace the modem all you need to do is get your sign in details and you can add this to any wireless/ non wired router. The only small issue is that some companies (Sky) preinstall this on the box and if you know how you can recover this and replace your box.! :D

3. Tone Loc

Tone Loc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Orange give you your sign in details so you can easily use any modem.... however having suffered Orange's very poor customer service, tech help and on/off on/off connection, very sloooow peak time speeds for 3 months i cancelled the contract. I took out the £5/month contract which seemed great on paper but i will NEVER use Orange for broadband again.. no matter if it's free or £5. I now pay £26/month and get much better service with BT.

Tony.

4. hot-fuzz

hot-fuzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +593
    Im surpsirsed by the above comment.

Ive never had any problems and found them excellent.
    When i signed up i was getting about 3-4Mbps in peak times and now i dont drop below 7Mbps, whatever the time is. I hardly ever get drop out and have downloaded LOADS and LOADS and never been conmtacted reference the fair usage policy.

I thouroughly recomend Orange as a Broadband provider, but realise not everyone can be happy with any service anyone provides.

I get my broadband AND my mobile for £30 and i get free landline calls. My BT phonebill dropped from over £80 a 1/4 to under £30, and thats good considering £11 is line rental and £10 is monthly contract we have.

all in all i love them.
    Just the other side to the story.