Orange and iPhones...

Swinkid

Standard Member
So i was just wondering, what happens during the activation of the iphone when with orange?

I'm currently on contract, and im getting a new sim from them and there apparently switching the tarrif over so i won't pay any more - So why does the iPhone need to be 'activated'?

I don't want to be charged any more than i am..

Simply because its a new sim? I went from a 3GS to a 4S from Orange and I had to do the same thing, the sim changes despite having a new number and this needs to be registered with them. I never paid anything extra over my tarif for activation, so you shouldnt either.

Swinkid

Standard Member
I think it activates just to register with Apple, think they like to keep a database of what people network are on etc..

Basicly, had a row with orange about how i shouldn't need to pay more just for an iphone - They agreed to send me the sim without having to pay the addon, i was just worried that it would change my tarrif with orange or something. ;3

Last edited:
Activating an iPhone does not register with Apple at all. That gets done when you enter your AppleID and tie the phone to an iTunes account.

I am guessing you were on another brand of phone before, and that Orange, like other suppliers, like to bump your contract if you are on less than £35/month with a data bundle or something similar wording wise.

Swinkid

Standard Member
Activating an iPhone does not register with Apple at all. That gets done when you enter your AppleID and tie the phone to an iTunes account.

I am guessing you were on another brand of phone before, and that Orange, like other suppliers, like to bump your contract if you are on less than £35/month with a data bundle or something similar wording wise.
Yes - I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc - Getting a iPhone on the 21st... So, recon they'll touch my tarrif? I had an arguement with them saying they wouldn't send the sim inless i had a £10 addon - I won the arguement and didn't have to pay it...

If you have been told you have nothing to pay then I wouldn't worry mate. You are probably worrying for something that won't happen :D

Swinkid

Standard Member
Heh. Well, They put it in a way that confused me, so ya know. . IF they aint amde me pay £10 a month for this sim, and my tarrif aint changed, then im sure they won't touch it..

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom