1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orange and 7250i?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by DDDavo, Jan 23, 2004.

1. DDDavo

DDDavo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I am currently on virgin and i think they are great. However they don't support mms or gprs and i have been wanting to upgrade for a while now. I like the 7250i but i don't really want to spend a lot on a phone.

Orange sell this for £160 with free text saver worth £20, but i don't suppose you can get this cheaper anywhere can you?

Also, what is this phone like i have read so many bad and good reviews. I know its only a 4000 colour screen (4096) but thats ok becuase i'm not serious about using a phone for photos, just the odd one.

I want a small phone (which this is) and light (this is) and that means a small screen (so thats ok)

But what are polyphonic ringtones like on it, i.e ones that you send to it yourself via infra red or however?

And what do people think to orange?

Any help greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

2. astra46

astra46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im on Orange and the reception is good here in South Wales. Orange has gained the most awards, and has the most transmitters.

Have you considered the Motorolla V500? I think that this is cheaper that than the 7250 and has a better screen/camera.

On the Orange web site the Motorolla E365 camera phone is £79.99, a bargain.

3. DDDavo

DDDavo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just had a look thanks. The thing is i am a kind of 'nokia addict' The price is very appealing, but i'm not keen on looks and i am terrible for being pursauded by styling! I also like Nokias standard easy menu layout etc...

so thanks for the info on orange, can anybody assist on the 7250i? i really do like that phone and i know £160 is cheap for it but other makes offer more for lots less!

4. davescot

davescot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, have you had a look at the Nokia7250i on the Nokia website gives u all the phones stats there. Anyway I have a 7250i and its not a bad phone at all. The camera isn't brilliant but it ok for MMS, it only has a maximum resolution of 352X288 pixels. I don't know exactly what u wana know about the 7250i but just ask. It has a radio and 4mb memory, calender, infra red. Polyphonic rintones are alright but are only 4 chord, some phones have way better sounding ringtones than the 7250i, but its a decent phone, you will probably like it.

5. DDDavo

DDDavo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great thanks. Yes i have read about only 4 note polyphonic comapred to some 16 or 40 note other make phones. Would you say this makes the sound seriously poor? Have you tried sending any via infra red to your phone just to see what they sound like?

Thanks for replying (i have looked at the site but at the end of the day only someone who has it can say what is good and isn't about it)

OH and before i forget, can you see the screen is bright sunlight or is it impossible to see?

6. davescot

davescot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't say the ringtones are poor, just not as good with other phones, fraid the screen can be a bit hard to read in bright sunlight but thats nothing much to worry about too much, think most colour phones are like that, battery life isnt' too bad, but saps the power if ur using it lots, because of the colour screen. What Cellphone mag said battery life was fantastic.

7. DDDavo

DDDavo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks a lot. Helpful info. The other phone i would consider would be the Erricson T610 but i just love nokia!

8. Cerbera

Cerbera
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know if you are still looking, but last time I looked in the Orange shop they were selling the 7250i with free car kit for £50.. not sure what tariff that was on ... but worth a look... !!!

Cheers