Opus WCU 500 screen says Ready For Download. Please Help.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by isikone, Jan 31, 2014.

1. isikone

isikone
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I purchased an Opus 500 system 3 years ago and it has been working fine until recently. One of the WCU 500 control units failed! I contacted Opus at the beginning of the year but, was informed that the company was no more. They are not doing any repairs or replacements!!!
    I was told to contact some of the dealers to see if they have stock. This has yielded no results!!
    Yesterday the second WCU 500 unit displayed a message on the screen,'Ready For Download.' It has stopped working completely other than displaying the message.
    First of all, the company that did the installation went bankrupt two years ago. With Opus now defunct, I don't where else to go for help.

Does anyone have solution?

2. andybluemini

andybluemini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Your options are very limited, you need to find yourself a new dealer to come and have a look. I'm sure someone on here can help if you post your location.

Andy

3. carlos the jack

carlos the jack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi,

I am guessing its one of the 3.5" or 5.7" touch screens, the "ready for download" message should only show itself to an opus engineer about to download new screens to it and is accessed by holding the "power" or "home" button whilst applying power.

Try turning the equipment rack off, leave 30 seconds and turn back on, also check the magnetically held faceplate is attached properly as these had a nasty habit of obstructing a button or two and holding it in a pressed state.

What is your location as many of the opus installers will be able to help you out, I am in East Midlands and have installed opus for around 8years.

Kind regards

Carl.

4. andrewradford

andrewradford
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI Carl Sounds like that should do the trick, off thread I know but do you happen to know how I become a member as opposed to new member ive been here since may last year, is it a years probation?