OPUS 600 Firmware update issue

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by kanegk, Aug 17, 2017.

1. kanegk

kanegk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I know Opus Technologies has gone bust and no support is available but just wanted to ask if by chance anyone has experienced this issue when downloading firmware update to WCU 600 touchscreens.

I have build a test opus 600 system to give myself a better understanding of how it works.

I have connected everything successfully and the touchscreen was functioning normal, however when i tried to upgrade the firmware version on the unit (placing the unit into download mode), it failed and displayed an "erase error" message. I am now unable to communication with the unit via usb/software.

Tried to set the software to use the different bau rates etc but no luck.

Is there a way to set the unit back to factory defaults?

thanks

George

2. jonpotteruk

jonpotteruk
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Evening George, Hope this message reaches you, I stumbles across your post with a hope you would be able to help me.
    Ive been garthering up opus 600 products for a project in my home, I'm planning on upgrading my opus 500 system. ive managed to source quite a few items now through ebay act.. but I'm struggling to obtain the software for setting up the system. would you be able to help?

3. gud2know

gud2know
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you google Opus you will see that they have allocated a handful of suppliers that might be able to help. I know the one in Hampshire certainly does repairs and recently had an upgrade deal. They might know something about software? Just a thought