• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Optoma's Poor 1 Year Warranty?

Jams100

Novice Member
I had an Optoma 131XE which broke with HDMI failure (common apparently). The first input broke after 3 months and the second at 15 months. Optoma UK who are also called TSC Europe had no interest, and after many emails and calls finally took it back.

They then quoted £385 to fix it, whilst agreeing it had done very few hours. A disgrace. When I asked them to return it they then wanted £55 plus postage! Told them to keep the piece of sh*t.

I am looking for a replacement and avoiding the Optoma 141X as it also has a terrible 1 year warranty...have they no confidence in their products? So it will be a Benq TH681 or Acer P1500 which both come with standard 2 year warranty.

What a waste of £500 the Optoma 131XE was. Would avoid this brand until they sort out their products and their UK division.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheHunch

Thanks rborhara! Hadn't realised this until you pointed it out, and you are quite right. Luckily I've just got two days left in which to do it ... so once again, thanks! I would trophy point you, but I can never see how to do that ... doesn't seem to be an option in my browser.

Jams100

Novice Member
That is really good advice for all Optoma owners. Wish I had done it.

They are not reliable machines and the customer service in the UK is appalling. Would be interested to know how people get on trying to extend it at no cost.

I told Optoma UK that I would not consider a 141X due to short warranty and they never mentioned an upgrade to 3 years...

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom