1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OptomaRD50'sTV Tuner with arial feed Pictures

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by St_ve, Mar 20, 2005.

1. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My OptomaRD50 used its own TV tuner fed with a signal off the roof arial as the source for all the pictures i'm posting .There was no pausing of the pictures it was all live action. The camera used was a £130 Kodak easy shareDX7440 a 4MP camera , i did not use any flash no need as the picture is bright enough on it's own. All the pictures had to be resized & compressed to 120kb by 800 pixels to conform to forum rules.
    I was sat in my armchair at a distance of 10 feet & the camera was hand held.

I watched the Welsh Irish rugby match today great game :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

2. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    I'd do the same, but I dropped it in the sea when I went to the Maldives last year... Opps.

The pic of the turkey has made me hungry.

3. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It would be harder for you to a take picture because of the reflective screen i had problems taking one of my old CRT set because of this
    if you do borrow a camera it is easier to record the programme & pause the picture at the best image you get a lot better picture that way.
    How does your set handle skin tones & faces ,2 of the 4 DLP sets i've seen had problems in this area. I'm beginning to wonder if it's a DLP trait.
    I've just had a look at Samsung SP50L7HX DLP Rear Projection TV Review February 2005 in Home Cinema Choice the link is above all the threads in the DLP section. It mentions that the Sammy has seperate colour controls of pink green & blue that help skin tones a lot.There is no mention of any problems with skin tones but maybe Samsung were forced to put them in to overcome a DLP trait.
    Lion are u the only LG44 owner in this forum ? if they ever organised an outing for DLP owners maybe they could lump the LG owners with the Optoma owners in the same mini bus
    :rotfl:

4. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504

I think you could fit us in a del boy three wheeler. :rotfl:

5. TonyA

TonyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    How about motorbike and sidecar? ;)

6. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :rotfl:
    remember bettamax & VHS which had the better quality? & which sold more
    open reel tape recorders, 8 track, cassette tapes
    vinyl records , cds
    I think cd playback when it first come out was very bad compared to vinyl on a good turntable. Most people only thought it was better because all they had was a music centre with a very cheap turntable. When cd's were introduced they said perfect sound forever so how come cd's on a modern cd player are so much better i guess the hifi magazines of the time were just as bad as the AV mags they have now.
    The picture quality of the Rugby was a lot better on analougue feed off the roof than Telewest cable, i hope when they switch of the broadcasts & go all digital the quality is a lot better than it is now.
    If i had been able to record the programe & pause the picture they would have looked better.
    The Italian French game was better quality but i only caught a couple of minutes of it.

7. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    The RD50 has a picture freeze. Try using that. :)

8. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    Hi Lion

I quite like seeing all the pores and wrinkles (loads of this in HD), its amazing how bad some of these movie stars can look. But if you prefer the smoother effect the newer HD3 chips are ment to give you this.

I know it sounds daft and you probably have done this already but look at the sharpness & intensity settings as this can work a treat.

I too have a 46' crt rear pro and screen burn was always a concern, especially with games. Thats one thing the DLP sets dont suffer which is great. (poor plasma owners)

9. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    Cool. Post your results in the DLP settings thread. It took me over 3 weeks of fine tunning to get to the picture I have today. As you can set the display perfectly to one film/program etc and it wont be right for another. Good luck ;)

10. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to hear your set's ok with your DVD's Lion,
    It is starting to look like a DLP trait i wonder what Optoma & Sagem with the 50" did to prevent it.The Samsung 50 L7 has the extra 3 colour sliders pink green & blue .
    It's strange that Sagem got this part right with their first set & messed up with the second.