Optoma ZD201 3D Glasses With Ace H5360BD

kakool

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I got Acer 5360bd, i now ordered Optoma ZD201 3D Glasses to watch 3d on it.
little confused, when i phoned optoma uk if these glasses would work with my projector, they said i will need optoma xl box to use these glasses with my projector.
i wonder if anyone is using optoma glasses without optoma xl box with Acer H5360BD?
what i knew that this projector doesnt need xl box, i don't know if optoma 3d dlp glasses would work without xl box?

If you are connecting a htpc computer with a blu ray drive ,contact me via pm for some very interesting info.......if you are using a 3d blurry player you will not need a 3 dxl box ....same if you use a p s3

I just got this projector too - using the Acer glasses, but as others have said, it should work with any DLP glasses, as the synchronisation is hidden in the screen image itself.

By the way, I tried to set up an owner's thread form this PJ. Really don't mind if it's that one, or another thread, but think it would be a good idea for it to be in one place.

I too would like an owners thread on this, as I'd love to get some suggestions on pq settings

Seem to be forever changing mine

nipbiplip said:
I too would like an owners thread on this, as I'd love to get some suggestions on pq settings

Seem to be forever changing mine

Agree we should set one up, let one of you guys do it :)

I've think I'm happy with my 2d settings, so happy to share them

Would like to know peoples settings for 3d

Hi,
I got Acer 5360bd, i now ordered Optoma ZD201 3D Glasses to watch 3d on it.
little confused, when i phoned optoma uk if these glasses would work with my projector, they said i will need optoma xl box to use these glasses with my projector.
i wonder if anyone is using optoma glasses without optoma xl box with Acer H5360BD?
what i knew that this projector doesnt need xl box, i don't know if optoma 3d dlp glasses would work without xl box?

Yes the 201 glasses work fine, no need for xl.

hi
can anyone guide me how to connect Acer H5360BD to Nvidia enabled computer.
i wanted watch 3d movie so i was trying to connect my projector to my Asus EEETOP 23.6 all in one 3D PC, it has Gforce 460m nvidia graphic card.its win7 home premium.
1st used hdmi 1.4a cable, i see on projector screen" no signal" under hdmi cable sign.i opened up control panel.under hard drive and sound, where it says connect to a projector, i see 4 boxes, computer only,duplicate,extended, projectors only.tried all 4 with no success.
i must say i am able to watch 3d movied on my computer, its just that i need to watch them on projector.
also tried vga cable but same result, no signal.

does anyone know is there any bluray dvd player which would play 3d when you connect it to a 3d enabled projector?

I can confirm playing 3D BluRays (and games) works great on PS3

Re Nvidia - you need 3DTV Play (not 3D Vision), as this projector only accepts HDMI 1.4 standards.

s there anything i can download to my pc to play 3d content through projector?

please advice me if i buy ps3 and connect it to my acer h5360bd will i be able to watch 3d bluray movies in 3d?
will this ps3 shows 3d bluray in 3d through projector?
SONY PLAYSTATION 3 SLIM 320GB CONSOLE BLACK | eBay UK

please do not mind my ignorance as i bought 3d bluray dvd player in hope to play 3d bluray dvds and use it with my projector but found out it will not play 3d, it shows only 2d.i was told this is because it does not have nvidia 3d graphic card.
if ps3 plays 3d bluray, does it mean it has nvidia graphic card?

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
please advice me if i buy ps3 and connect it to my acer h5360bd will i be able to watch 3d bluray movies in 3d?
will this ps3 shows 3d bluray in 3d through projector?
SONY PLAYSTATION 3 SLIM 320GB CONSOLE BLACK | eBay UK

please do not mind my ignorance as i bought 3d bluray dvd player in hope to play 3d bluray dvds and use it with my projector but found out it will not play 3d, it shows only 2d.i was told this is because it does not have nvidia 3d graphic card.
if ps3 plays 3d bluray, does it mean it has nvidia graphic card?

No, the PS3 does not have an NVDIA card and nor should it

The PS3 will play 3D bluray through the 5360BD, as long as the PS3 is updated with the relevant F/W (mine works fine)

Who advised you that your 3D BR player needed an NVDIA card, as there's no reason that your 3D Bluray player shouldn't work either

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
well today i connected my LG BD560 BLU-RAY DVD PLAYER to my acer h5360bd using hdmi 1.4 cable, i could watch the movie in 2d but not in 3d, the options to turn on the 3d was greyed out.
i then phoned acer techical support how to watch 3d bluray using my LG BD560 BLU-RAY DVD PLAYER, they told me its not possible with any 3d bluray player as they don't have nvidia graphic card.they toldme i need a computer with nvida 3d graphic card.

can you tell me if the LG BD560 BLU-RAY DVD PLAYER should play 3d,is there any setting i need?
i mean would i be able to watch 3d using 3d glasses?

As far as I can tell, the LG BD560 is not a 3D bluray player

You will need a PS3 or an actual 3d BR player, if you don't want to go down the NVDIA/PC route

thanks for all the guidance, i did some setting on my bluray player setting on 50 htz and then i was able to see the 3d effect but i am not impressed with depth of the movies even though they are 3d bluray.things do not come very close to you or things don't fall on you.
can you recomend any 3d bluray player apart from ps3?

regarding acer tech support. acer is using untrained people from call centres in india, they know nothing and people on avforum are more knowledgeable

thanks mate.
i am returning the bluray dvd player and today ordered PS3.

well, i connected the ps3 slim to my acer h5360bd but still no success with watching 3d bluray.
it plays as 2d and i get a message that this dvd is a bluray 3d and i need to have a 3d bluray to play it.
even though the ps3 slim box does say bluray 3d but why it does not play it, is there some setting i need to change or upgrade the software?

Update the f/w on the ps3

Also you'll need to connect the ps3 directly to the pj initially, and run the display set up on the ps3, so it can detect the acer as a 3D display

Last edited:
updated the firmware to latest 3.61, using hdmi 1.4a to connect the ps3 to pj.
i am not impressed with 3d too be honest, things don't come out of the screen(using no screen just my wall),
any other setting on ps3 you think i need to do?

I use UltraClear DLP Link glasses with Acer H5360BD. It work with 3DTV Play and PS3. Only issue I have is color shift of the glasses. When look through the top of the glasses, the color temp shift to bluish. If look through the bottom of the glasses, it look slightly red. Also you can see the LCD is slightly darker in the middle compare to top and bottom. Does Optoma ZD201 exhibit the same color issue?

I use UltraClear DLP Link glasses with Acer H5360BD. It work with 3DTV Play and PS3. Only issue I have is color shift of the glasses. When look through the top of the glasses, the color temp shift to bluish. If look through the bottom of the glasses, it look slightly red. Also you can see the LCD is slightly darker in the middle compare to top and bottom. Does Optoma ZD201 exhibit the same color issue?

I have 2 pairs of cheap Ebay DLP-Link glasses I picked up for £98 the pair, and I also have 2 pairs of ZD201's. I can't say I have noticed any colour issues with either types, when looking through the glasses at different parts of the lenses. Granted I wasn't looking for any, but I can be a bit anal and would have probably noticed by now?
I can say the cheapo pairs work exactly the same as the 201's, but not as comfy as the ZD201's.
I have not had any major loss of sync using either types. I think I have had one pair of the cheapies drop out once, and the 201's both dropped out once, but I realised I was turning my head too far away from the screen LOL. I have watched about 20 3D movies on the 5360BD so far, and it works flawlessly.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom