Optoma UHZ65LV Setup

TheBoyGUK

Hey, everyone

A long time ago, I had a Sharp XV-Z9000, and a few years later moved to a XV-Z21000 DLP. which I've been running ever since, the 4th bulb about to expire. The UHZ65LV is the replacement, which is exciting.

Back for the z9000, I painted Grey ScreenGoo and I'm wondering if moving to a laser would mandate switching to an alternative screengoo compound, or are we OK ith the grey for laser PJs?

I've read the DisneyWOW is the disc to get to calibrate, is that the current thinking?

Thanks all

noob0101

Hey, everyone

A long time ago, I had a Sharp XV-Z9000, and a few years later moved to a XV-Z21000 DLP. which I've been running ever since, the 4th bulb about to expire. The UHZ65LV is the replacement, which is exciting.

Back for the z9000, I painted Grey ScreenGoo and I'm wondering if moving to a laser would mandate switching to an alternative screengoo compound, or are we OK ith the grey for laser PJs?

I've read the DisneyWOW is the disc to get to calibrate, is that the current thinking?

Thanks all
Why that Optoma model? It's very expensive.

noob0101

That horse is bolted, I already have it installed.
The paint should be fine.

For calibrating SDR:

And HDR:

The WOW disc can do SDR, not HDR. The S&M latest might help with HDR, but a proper calibration would be more beneficial.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom