Optoma UHZ65 review

jakimp

Prominent Member
Reaction score

first review I have seen of the laser version of the new Optoma DLP projector compared to the Sony 320/365ES.

$4499 in USA for the Optoma plus sales tax so probably over £5,000 here? same as the new Sony 285ES which I think will be £5199?

interesting comparison charts at the end.

is it just me or has he done a rough job of calibrating the colours on both but especially on the Optoma? purple skies?

still so so on black / contrast level it seems.

still no 3D as expected.

doesn't mention RBE.

will the laser alone be enough to take sales from the Sony models?

still it does bring laser 4K (ish) projection in at a new low price point.

be interesting to see what other reviewers make of it.

For the uneducated like me what does a laser lit pj bring to the game, if blacks and contrast are still just so so? Is it just longer life?

i think that is the question - if it is much the same as the UHD60 then £2,000 buys a fair few bulbs

I think this will be more like the 65 than 60, i.e. good for light controlled room, but agree with what you say what does the extra give you?

sorry meant to say uhd65

the you tube clip suggested the colour was better than the UHD65 but then he seemed to like purple skies and oceans the way he had the UHZ65 showing so not too sure how to take that

we clearly need to wait for the definitive what hi fi review where the extra insight of the dearer machine will no doubt seal the deal!

don't exaggerate they are the full £107 odd on the Epson store!

one of the many things I love about my 9300W especially when for example Sony want £499 for a new bulb for their 4K models - 10% of the value of the machine is scary, and I doubt they give a 5000 hour 5 year warranty either

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom