Optoma UHL55 4K DLP Projector Review & Comments

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Thanks Phil, really liking the more in depth video review format with additional onscreen details (pros/cons etc).

7Dahl7

Standard Member
I dont understand the reasoning behind putting the 'not a home cinema projector' under cons. You said it yourself that it is not marketed as being a home cinema projector, so why punish it for it? That would be like promoting a Skoda as 'not a racing car' and then giving it a bad review because it doesnt perform well on a racing track.

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
I dont understand the reasoning behind putting the 'not a home cinema projector' under cons. You said it yourself that it is not marketed as being a home cinema projector, so why punish it for it? That would be like promoting a Skoda as 'not a racing car' and then giving it a bad review because it doesnt perform well on a racing track.
It is purely there as people are lazy and just look at the pros and cons, so it highlights what it isn't, it's not punishing it. I hope that explains the reasoning.

Coulson

Distinguished Member
I do not want a projector, never have, but I really miss 3D.

steviedr

Distinguished Member

Coulson

Distinguished Member

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Why? I read another review which did the 3D was pretty good.
Sorry, I misinterpreted your comments, thought you missed 3D but didn’t want to purchase a projector and as it’s dead on the tv side, you would be out of luck.

Coulson

Distinguished Member
Sorry, I misinterpreted your comments, thought you missed 3D but didn’t want to purchase a projector and as it’s dead on the tv side, you would be out of luck.
Looks like you were closer to being right :) I might be tempted but it's totally impractical for my current situation.

daveb975

I do not want a projector, never have, but I really miss 3D.
3D is much better on a projector than it ever was on a TV in my opinion. If it was practical for more people to have projectors then the format might have lasted a bit longer.

I'm glad to see that some of the 4K projectors are incorporating 3D in full HD again. Most of the early ones had no 3D at all, or it was downscaled.

This Optoma won't work for me, but I'll be picking up a Benq W2700 as soon as they become available. I won't use 3D very often, but I don't want to buy a projector without it.

I can't see it lasting very long. With the very limited number of new 3D releases and TVs not having had compatibly for a few years now, I'd be surprised if the projector makers incorporate it for too many more generations.

Torverman

Novice Member
Hi Phil, I don't suppose you kept the calibration settings? I have this projector and it would be great if I could replicate your results.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom