Optoma UHD550X/ UHD60/ UHD65 Owners Thread

IMG_8161.jpg

Hurry up mr postman

Yes 15% down
To get the dead centre of the screen, I had to use a self levelling laser. Setup the laser in the middle of the screen, on top of my centre speaker, and it paints a vertical red stripe on the opposite wall. I tried the tape measure to the side wall, but discovered my walls are not at 90 degrees to each other.

To get the dead centre of the screen, I had to use a self levelling laser. Setup the laser in the middle of the screen, on top of my centre speaker, and it paints a vertical red stripe on the opposite wall. I tried the tape measure to the side wall, but discovered my walls are not at 90 degrees to each other.

Will this do [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

IMG_8163.jpg

IMG_8168.jpg

IMG_8170.jpg

IMG_8167.jpg

It's arrived and I'm impressed out of the box , it's practically silent right above my head and you can really tell the difference over my hd33 on noise and picture quality don't think my cables are up to 4:4:4

My room is still bright I don't have much light control can't wait for it to get dark

Motion is fine as well had the grand tour on and it's was fine with all the high speed shots

Last edited:
Lovely stuff, time to change your signature methinks :)

I bought a Euroscreen Universal Control Box (part 210730) circa £95 for my Draper screen, i bought it with an rf remote option but the control box is universal so can be operated by buttons on the box, by rt or by i and I think there's also a simple 240v inline detector option that can work out if your projector is on or not (i presume by the amount of power it's drawing) to also control it. May be worth looking at if it's within your budget as if this can control your screen it's very versatile.
I've been quoted £95 for RF connectivity too.

Quite a few folk on this forum have had issues and concerns with the 12v trigger.

IMG_8173.jpg

IMG_8174.jpg

IMG_8175.jpg

IMG_8178.jpg

Colours really pop

The fifth element uhd

The detail is amazing , a lot of film grain though

IMG_8181.jpg

IMG_8182.jpg

I was not sure 4k would be worth it as on the tv I don't think it has much over 1080p on a 65" tv at 3 meters but on a 106" screen it's a huge difference, and the hdr does work quite well

Have you seen any rainbows on it, it's the only thing holding me back:(

None at all but I never have on my infocus in72 ,in76 optoma hd67 and hd33 all dlp

Thinking about it I've never seen any rainbows [emoji304] on a projector

I've never seen any rainbows on all three of my Optoma projectors (H79, HD87 and now UHD65)

Sorry if I'm posting to much , but I was looking for info before I received mine so I thought I would share

Black levels and contrast seem very good better then my hd33 white wall and ceiling,a lot of reviews I have seen do side by side tests comparing it to other projectors , but when your watching it on its own it's lovely [emoji4] there might be better but this is very good

I was torn between getting the 550x and the 60 , now I have the 550x and I'm very happy with the quality I'm sure it would be identical to the 60 in the real world

IMG_8183.jpg

Great film watched bits of mine this morning, fantastic in 4k, you can see things I never saw in 1080p. I've probably bought this film 4/5 times now, vhs, DVD, bluray, bluray remastered with ATMOS and now 4k. Same for Leon too...

I've been quoted £95 for RF connectivity too.

Quite a few folk on this forum have had issues and concerns with the 12v trigger.
I think if you buy the box then as long as it's in sight you can use ir on it. Not sure if Logitech has them in their db or not so if buying then maybe best to buy ir version so you have a backup remote and also something to teach your harmony if it's not in their db. I have the rf as it's hidden in the ceiling out of sight as my screen is ceiling recessed.

The fifth element uhd

The detail is amazing , a lot of film grain though
Film grain is fine, adds an effect and proves you're seeing everything at its limit! I swear I could see where the blue singing ladies head thingy was stuck on when you see her from the side! :)

Film grain is fine, adds an effect and proves you're seeing everything at its limit! I swear I could see where the blue singing ladies head thingy was stuck on when you see her from the side! :)

It is fine but it does sparkle a bit on some parts , I was checking the setting on the projector then googled it and it's been stated before on some bits , Dallas cat for example when it's on his bed

And I totally saw the side of the blue lady's head as well [emoji1303]

Last edited:
Optoma universal mount
I bought a very similar one from Amazon, has exactly the same fixings, adjustment bolts and screw bags, was good and solid enough, although I found it a little tricky to adjust to get right, but saying that once done never needed to do it again.

Motion is fine as well had the grand tour on and it's was fine with all the high speed shots
Would be good to get some more panning scenes checked out to go be the motion a test, I guess with any gizmo motion control off (it may not have it anyway on the 550x). I would not particularly expect grand tour to have an issue as I think it's 60hz, Sky UHD would be interesting as that should be 50hz and films like 5th element are 24hz. I guess it's finding the material with appropriate scenes.

I guess credits must be a good test, although not very interesting!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom