Optoma UHD42 Problems

tinsel

Novice Member
Hi,

I am having huge problems with my new set up. I have KEF T305 speaker system, Denon X2700H receiver and I am using it with my Optoma UHD42 projector.

The receiver has been placed in a different room upstairs and I have ran an optical cable through the ceilings to the projector.

I am using a firestick connected to the projector and optical cable from projector to the receiver.

I am only receiving a stereo output. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I can’t get a HDMI from the receiver to the projector as everything has been boarded up now!

I would appreciate some guidance.

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
Your issue is that on page 55 of the manual, Optoma claim that the audio output for SPDIF out is "2 Channel Stereo PCM"

The simplest fix would be to plug the Firestick into the av receiver and then use the online app to control it. That way, you should experience surround sound back through the Kef's

Android

Apple

There could also be a web based controller platform out there, although I haven't been able to a fond one, maybe drop Amazon an message via the app developers side contact us section

If you still wish to use your remote, you could get something simple like an ir-repeater. This way, you will be able to take control of your other electronics to with the official remote control

Last edited:

tinsel

Novice Member
Your issue is that on page 55 of the manual, Optoma claim that the audio output for SPDIF out is "2 Channel Stereo PCM"

The simplest fix would be to plug the Firestick into the av receiver and then use the online app to control it. That way, you should experience surround sound back through the Kef's

Android

Apple

There could also be a web based controller platform out there, although I haven't been able to a fond one, maybe drop Amazon an message via the app developers side contact us section

If you still wish to use your remote, you could get something simple like an ir-repeater. This way, you will be able to take control of your other electronics to with the official remote control
Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately we don’t have a HDMI connection from the receiver to the projector only a SPDIF connection

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately we don’t have a HDMI connection from the receiver to the projector only a SPDIF connection
Sadly if that is the case the only option of pushing sound around all the speakers is to use one of its fake surround sound settings without having to spend any money

What amplifier do you own?

tinsel

Novice Member
Sadly if that is the case the only option of pushing sound around all the speakers is to use one of its fake surround sound settings without having to spend any money

What amplifier do you own?
It’s the Denon X2700H

nick3171

Novice Member
As this is a sound thread - does anyone know how to get rid of the annoying picture top right hand corner when mute sound and use soundbar?

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
t’s the Denon X2700H
Maybe replacing the optical cable with a HDMI cable, really this is the right way forward as you have the wrong cable connected to the av receiver/projector. This will resolve the issues and any future issues as you should always plug items into the av receiver and allow the projector to see the visual signal via the receivers HDMI output path

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom