optoma uhd 50

brocky1970

Novice Member
Hi,

Need some help bought an Optoma uhd 50 its been great so far but have started to show pixels when the screen moves but when stationery its fine,have tried a blueray and its perfect picture,but when revert back to sky q same thing happens even when watching you tube my question is whats the possible cause sky q or projector

Kind regards

brocky1970

Thatsnotmynaim

I don't understand what you mean?!? Have you tried connecting the SkyQ to a TV to see what you get there to compare with the same material?

Zone

I've removed the poll as i assume you created it in error!

brocky1970

Novice Member
Hi,
checked with the tv its ok then reverted back to projecter that was fine too,ok will try to explain the problem when say a person is on screen stationary its fin but when the move around like in a music video you can see tiny white dots,its weird its not pixels there way to small like i said tried both tv and projector today and no problem with either,possibly could be the HDMI connection and sorry its a UHD 51,will see how it goes have to say its great in 4k

Thatsnotmynaim

How long is the hdmi lead? If over 5m you generally need a fibre hdmi if 4K. These don’t need to be expensive and Amazon have a number at ~£30-50..

brocky1970

Novice Member
Hi,

Looked at that before i bought the projector and have a signal booster in line no problems with 4k on netflix or blueray today,so to me rules out projector and cable, when i reverted back to sky q problem started again having looked up seems to be an issue with sky q. ive had the projector since February and its all been faultless.will reboot the sky box this evening if still there will get sky to come out and sort it out.

Thatsnotmynaim

If SkyQ is set to 4K 10bit it can use more hdmi bandwidth, I’ve experienced the sparkles myself and for me a fibre hdmi solved it. Netflix quite often is 24hz depending on player, but SkyQ is 50hz and that added to 10bit can go over the hdmi 1.4 cable 9gb standard..

brocky1970

Novice Member
Here what you say and will look into it,but my question is why am i getting the problem now?if i had the problem from day 1 i would 100% agree with you regarding the HDMI cable but the problem has started in the last week

Trending threads

Top Bottom