Optoma to launch UHZ65 laser 4k DLP PJ

kbfern

Distinguished Member
If that hits the UK with a £4000-4500 price it could do very very well, I might be tempted myself.:smashin:

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
If their dynamic dimming of the laser is as effective as the Epsons, they could actually give DLP a worthwhile contrast boost that could bring them back into popularity again (RBE notwithstanding). DLPs do a lot of things well, it's just they've lagged behind in the contrast department. Contrast numbers are usually overly exaggerated in real terms but fingers crossed they can deliver some good usable numbers that make it more appealing.

I don't think there was any mention of HDR or WCG which could be a bit of a problem for some though.

alistairg

The release says that they have HDR10 and Rec 2020 colour whereas the UHD65 just says HDR compatible and Rec 709.

GrazzaB

Distinguished Member
If that hits the UK with a £4000-4500 price it could do very very well, I might be tempted myself.:smashin:

Going from the prices on the other 4K units I would be amazed if it sells at that kind of price here. The prices for the others are more in pounds than dollars!

Dr Ed

I don't think I've been so excited about a product for many a year... mind you the benQ x12000 ha e everybody excited.... till we got to use one.

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
One of my original threads predicted the launch of this model.

Cheers, Shane

Barcoing Mad

Hopefully REC2020 means REC2020 and not REC709.The release says unambiguously the projector achieves REC2020...whereas the blurb for the existing UHD65 says "HDR10 produces the brightest whites, deepest blacks, and life-like color due to the REC.2020 wide color gamut and DCI-P3 color gamut coverage." (Optoma UHD65 DLP Home Entertainment Projector), which is a statement about HDR10, not the projector, but distinctly misleading given the context.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom