1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optoma Themescene h77 your views please

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by m0v1em4n, Nov 19, 2004.

1. m0v1em4n

m0v1em4n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Hi all

Thinking of getting the Optoma Themescene H77, and would like to know what peoples thoughts are on this unit,
    I have read the review that some one posted on this forum where the guy had seen the H57 and the H77 at the show and he mentioned noise in the picture of the H77; also there seem to be a bit of negative posting going on at the US DLP forum, and new firmware’s mention for PAL land
    Is the H77 worth the £3500 price tag? probably spec wise but what about picture wise? Running a Barco 708 Data at the moment.

Thanks

steve

2. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi Steve

Your right to understand that spec does not equate to picture quality everytime but I think you will need to demo this pj first hand. Not very helpful I know, and a bit obvious too but £3.5k is a tidy little sum.

CH

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    I had a Barco 701s many moons ago and now own a H77. The H77 outperforms the 701s in every respect (even black level).

4. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Definately audition the H57 along with the H77. The H57 is a brand new model with many tweeks and advancements and could well give the H77 a run for it's money in many areas, plus it's only £1899 !!! This will allow you to get a great screen, cables and a quality DVI/HDMI DVD player with the change. Then I'm sure the difference in quality will be hardly noticeable, maybe even better on the H57 !!!

5. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Depends on the source. If you're going to use a scaler or a player like the 868/3910 upscaling to 720p (or even HD material) then I seriously doubt it :D

6. m0v1em4n

m0v1em4n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Thanks People for your input, :smashin:

also did a post here on the USA forums if any one is interested in the replies

Steve