Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Optoma Themescene H77 RAINBOW

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Hal, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Hal

Hal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I fined I see rainbow with DLP quient bad witch has got me concidering a LCD :blush: The H77 has a 8 segerment coulor weel wich is supost to cut in right down Dose it work or is it just hype.....

Ps and dose any body have a link to a review

T.I.A

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    The 8 segments isn't really the main thing in reducing rainbows, the main feature is having 2 sets of R, G and B segements and the fact it's a 5x speed. I think I've read that 300Hz is the maximum speed the colours can change on an HD+ system so 5x with doubled RGB segments is the fastest it can go.

My Sharp Z200 has a 6 segment 5x wheel and I can still see rainbows, but not often and they're not a distraction .. it's better than the 4x HT1000 I tried some time back.

What speeds have the projectors had which you've been badly affected by?

3. Hal

Hal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not sure 2 be honest. I have seen a few, and to be honest I have seen it on all of them. The Themescene 4805 was a nightmare the 56 was alot better I have seen a infocus 57 caint rember seeing any there but it was along time a go. my local sevenoaks is getting a 77 in soon for me to try I am hopeing that dose the trick if not it will have to be LCD....

I could put up with abit but not ever miniuit or two. The proplem is that I am looking for it now so I see it if I could fined a pj that only dose it abit I am sure in time I would not notice. I think the 77 is my last hope as every thing eles is out of my price range Infact the 77 is abit over for me but would be worth it if it lives up to the hype.....

4. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Well, I can tell you, having owned a H77 for about 10 days now, that I see more rainbows on this unit than I did on either my Sharp Z10k or Marantz S3. However, I will caveat that with the fact that when the Z10k and S3 were new I saw lots more on those too which diminished over time. If I watch a movie on the H77 looking for faults (which I have been doing since getting it :blush: )then I see the rainbows. When I am relaxed and just enjoy the film I do not (or at least I don't remember them).

Only way as ever, when spending this much, see if you can get an extended demo. If you're anywhere near Cardiff drop me a PM and you're welcome to pop round for a viewing.

5. Hal

Hal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the invite m8 would be abit of a hike for me as I live in Hull. I plan to camp out in my local sevenoaks demo room for the afternoon when there get theres in next week..

Like you say if you look for it you see it. Is just I am abount to lay out a shed load of money on a full system to replace what the burgulars took (bastards) so I am in cheake every think out mode as apose to just watch the film mode.

ps did I read that you had a denon 3910 in a post or to a go if so what do you think I am planinng on that with a Denon 3505 amp with some m&K 650 for the rest of my system.