1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optoma/Sagem same products but different price policy

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by hifiboom, Mar 8, 2005.

1. hifiboom

hifiboom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    of course you all know the Sagem Axium and US RD50 is almost the same, but I looked around a little bit on the homepages of Sagem and Optoma, and Sagem also sells the same beamer as Optoma under other label numbers.

The important thing is that Optoma seems to have the much better price ratio. I do cheack the street prices from different online shops.

The Optoma 725 dlp beamer can be found at a street price around 1300€ while the same projector from Sagem is around 1900€. This is a big difference for the same pice of electronic.

Same thing on the RD50 HD2+ and Sagem Axium. They both around the same price but the RD50 is a much newer and better version of Sagem HD50.

I`m sure if there is coming a new HD2+ 50" version from Sagem it will be much more expensive than the Optoma RD50.

So when ever you can choose between both just take the Optoma/Themscene because better bang for the buck.

:thumbsup:

And while the Sagem support is very friendly, which is nice ->they do not fix the HDCP problem.

Optoma instead told their buyers that the RD50/65 can not display any NTSC disc, but they seem to work out a solution and they offer upgrades for RD50 users in US.
    ->this is a better policy from my point of view....

So the Optoma support seems more effective, and they were quite friendly in answering here in Germany, too.

2. hifiboom

hifiboom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0