1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optoma RD50 & :r1: with an X box

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by St_ve, Mar 26, 2005.

1. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just played Gladiator :r1: on the RD50 with a modded Xbox & it was judder free slightly jerky on pans. I had to load in a program DVD region switcher first.
    Picture quality was better than my Limit DVD player but worse than a PC through the VGA input. I watched my grandaughter play top spin it was an extreme case of judder terrible.Switching the game to Pal 50 it was fine.
    :thumbsup:

2. Chris5

Chris5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Steve, just to clarify, if I bought an ordinary uk xbox, and a DVD switcher (whatever that is?) I could feed it into my iscan (via RGBs? but not DVI?) then into my RD50 and watch all R1 stuff without judder?

can you explain the DVD switcher as I know nothing about xboxes, ie is it hardware or software?

Thanks
    Chris

3. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

Steve I dont mean to be funny but jerking on panning is judder. Judder is only a problem on panning shots, shots where the camera is stationary are hardly if at all effected by judder.

Chronicals of ridick was fine on still camera shots but jumpy as hell on panning shots.

Have I miss understood what you are saying in the quote?

4. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suspect that the Xbox would have to be modded
    I looked into modding Xboxes 2 or 3 years ago when i bought my grandson the Xbox my son did the mod. He thinks the DVD region X box switcher was a free download you have to boot up with the cd first every time you watch a :r1: movie .I tried looking at the cd in windows but it comes up as corrupted so i won't be able to copy it.
    I'm not into Xboxes never had one for myself but that could change i've been quite impressed by some i've seen on it today.
    Just found out that you load in the region switcher on starting the Xbox & it stays in memory untill u switch of the Xbox & u are able to swop between R1 & R2 anytime.

5. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Worst thing i've ever seen for jerky panning is Alien insect praying Mantiss
    a high def documentary see
    Judder & Smear
    Watching gladiator the first 10 mins with my 2 sons we saw no judder at all & we were watching out for it.
    We changed chapter to 9 or 10 as there is some panning as the caravan winds down the hill & there was some jerks but very slight.
    Playing the same DVD on the RD50 with my Limit DVD player the picture is allways poor The titles of the film move up down about a 1/16 th of an inch constantly, the shields of the troops before the battle the edges have a constant trembling around min 46 just before the caravan winds down into the city in long shot the landscape has a slight tremble but parts with distinct edges are much worse than the rest of the picture.
    My boy rates the Xbox picture as about the same as a £400 DVD player of 3 years ago

6. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. Chris5

Chris5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: