Optoma projector - turn off the no audio icon in the top right hand corner of the projector screen image

fatbustard

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have an Optoma UHD42 and one infuriating aspect of it is that as I have the audio going through my Sony AV, I have switched off the projector's internal speaker. The issue now is that I now have a pretty large icon of a projector with the sound off permanently in the right-hand corner of the projector screen. It is annoying as I primarily have my computer desktop projected on to the screen and to shut down or minimise / maxmimise any Window, I need to go to the right hand corner of the screen which is now hidden by the icon. I looked through the menu settings to find an option to turn the icon off but could not find one. Does anyone know how to do this? THanks

It must be in the audio part of the projector menu. I have a optama hd and it shows the same thing if you press the mute button. I am not sure if you need to play a movie or not to get that part of the menu but you just need to lower the speaker volume to zero

I had to lower speaker volume to 0 otherwise get an image of mute entire time - now though I am getting an image of the projector with a line through it - same position as sound image - what does this mean and how do i remove it please?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom